Friday, November 22, 2019

Scissors, Store Comparisons

The sewing scissors I purchased cost too much to let this mistake go by. The guy gave me the wrong pair! I did not want serrated scissors. So, I have that to straighten IT out. I am not looking forward to the confrontation. Not that it will be confrontational, just hate to go back for this.

Like I said, I bought a pair for everyday use, paper and plastic stuff. Well, I cannot tell you how thrilled I was to have a pair of scissors at my fingertips last night. Usually, i ask Tommy to toss the scissors across the room to me. I lean the other way and he tosses the scissors behind me. There is a spread on the sofa so there is no fear the upholstery will be ruined. Now, I don't have to get up or ask. Small school scissors for the bedroom is the next goal.

The swelling in my leg has gone down and most of the swelling in my foot. I am not going to ignore this problem. NOW, my earlobe is swelling to the point of hurting. Weird.

I am baking sweet potatoes and will have most of the pulled pork with bbq sauce for dinner. I don't think i can have slaw, so i will open a can of green beans. Dinner solved! And, easily.

It is dreary out and raining a bit somewhere. The dreariness does nothing for my sense of well-being. When i get color on my hair, i am sure my outlook will improve. I am off to do more dishes. Standing for more than two or three dishes is painful, so this is a long, drawn out process.

I have been meaning to mention this about Aldi's. There is a roll shape of goat cheese with blueberry and vanilla on the outside. I have forgotten the ounces, but is $7.49, Last year in Aldi there WAs a smaller size at lesser price. I do not have the figures in my head, but the Aldi product was cheaper per ounce than the Publix product. if you like goat cheese and blueberries, the cheaper price is Aldi.

Nothing was accomplished today!

8 comments:

  1. I wished our Aldi's would have had the blueberry. I would have got some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our Aldo had it with cranberries last year as well. It was really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patti,
      I can eat it with a spoon it is so good. Actually, I have.

      Delete
  3. Which Aldi had the blueberry goat cheese?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      It was in Cullman and last year. I will check the one near me. I always sent one home with Tommy as part of his birthday goodies.

      Delete
  4. Our 'house' scissors broke; Someone thought we could use my sewing scissors. No way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      Sewing scissors can be bought for about $20. I paid $6 to get scissors I can get off my hand. Do you use sewing scissors for your shirt-making?

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...