Friday, November 15, 2019

A Few Things

I slept late today, and then slept more. Tommy has resisted trimming the length from my hair. Yesterday, he sort of agreed to it. Today, I sat on my walker with him behind me. I gave him a pick and hair-cutting scissors. He was supposed to cut an inch or less. It appears he did and my hair is none the worse for letting him get near it with scissors.

He mentioned he was going to get his prescriptions about five minutes before he wanted to go. I changed pants and put on a jacket. He went to a drive-in window, so no shopping for me. Then, I remembered that Dasani water was on sale somewhere. He said at the Pig or another place. We went to the Pig first and he was right. So, I shopped a bit.

3 24-packs Dasani water @ $3.40
1 Domino confectioners sugar 1@ $0.88
2 Domino dark brown sugar @ $0.88
1 Campbell's cream of mushroom soup $0.88
1 3-0z. McCormick black pepper $2.95
1 Mayfield ice cream sandwich $2.50
1 Uncle Al's Stage Planks $0.24

I spent $24 after they added their 10% and tax. I am holding out for sales this next week and the next.

These may not be the cheapest prices on things after I add the 10% to each item. However, the prices are well below prices in other stores. I can decide if I got a good deal when I see the coming sale prices. Anyway, it's done. I did not have to fight crowds or search for a sold out product.
There are still-packaged half gallon Ball jars I need to wash and fill with the sugars. What I do is stick the inner bags into the jar along with one flattened cardboard box from the product, well most of the box. I do not want a half-gallon jar with any loose sugar in it. Well, I don't mind cane sugar in the jar. I still do not have sugar.

Now that I have brown sugar and cinnamon, I am going to cut up Granny Smith apples and make a pie. Tommy will love that. Oh, I just asked him, and he said only three were left. Well, I can bake those.

Ugh! I need to prepare dinner. I found hotdog buns in the freezer, so I bought hotdogs. We are having hotdogs and the salad mix. Still, I would rather do something else. The first episode of Big Bang is on, so I will wait a few minutes. Buns and salad mix were free. I bought tomatoes that I added to the salad and the hotdogs, original recipe Zeigler with no chicken.

There is so much food here that I sent with him over the months. There is lots of meat and two pounds of butter that I could not store in my freezer. The only met I have bought is the two pork loins, but they were a good price at the Pig. So, we have not needed meat or butter yet. I also found few cans of peaches. He loves peaches. So, do I.

I am still swerving about, dizzy and feeling foolish. Hopefully, I will find out at the doctor's appointment next Monday. But, I have to be very careful rising or turning my head. Lying down makes me dizzy too, but I am in no danger of falling. Well, I did almost fall off the bed last night due to the bed spinning.

Pepper has been given to me that I cannot tolerate. Even with McCormick black pepper, I must have someone else fill a pepper shaker for me. I don't ever spill it, but the scent and stuff that obviously wafts into the air are not fun to breathe.

Have you found the items I bought any cheaper this year? Does any hint of pepper bother you?

8 comments:

  1. The only thing I have found cheaper is that Kroger has cream soups on sale this week for 49 cents. I don't know if I will make it over there or not though. I would like to stock up if I can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      I suppose the only things on sale will come in the next two weeks. The ads come out on Wed, so we will see. There is no Kroger here. Even if I were home, it would be 25 miles to a Kroger. However, when I had an appointment up that way, I would look at the online ads and stop in.

      Delete
  2. That's a great price for Domino's sugar. Yikes on 10% sales tax. I hate sales tax. Where I come from, we paid VAT (which was already included in the price). So the price you see, is the price you pay.

    Hope your dizziness gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms. Goose,
      That is 10% on the total plus 10% tax. Who does like any tax?

      When I am away from the house, I am better. Ironic because I do not go out because I am dizz.

      Delete
  3. I am looking for a butter sale so I can stock up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      So am I. I think Wednesday's sale papers will have butter.

      Delete
  4. Aldi's here has butter on sale 1.99 per pound

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...