Monday, November 18, 2019

This and That

*on Saturday, toward the end of the event described yesterday, a man took a great interest in us and offered to carry our loot to the car. Remember, we already had two plastic bags and two blankets in the car. We told him this and his daughter brought more. Leaving, he gave us another blanket and two more plastic bags of stuff. He was very jovial and overly friendly. While Tommy was still getting into the car and I was fully seated in the car, the man really scared me. He had his head and part of his body in the car and I saw his hand coming up on the left side of my head. Picture that. I startled and moved forward a bit, just my upper body and head. I turned and his face was about three inches from mine. I said, "NO, and he moved back but still was engaged with my body. I said to him, "First of all, we don't know other that well, and second, you are hurting me." He had his arm behind my back and fingers around my neck and shoulder. It was absolutely creepy. He backed out of the car and said, "I'm sorry." I slammed the door.

These assumptions from "Christians" that they have rights once you come into the church or into nonphysical contact really offends me. NO, just because I am friendly inside your church and you have given me something, you have no right to take liberties.

Tommy does not remember telling me I could "throw out any crap in the kitchen" that needs it. He also did not remember I showed him the sugar container. Like I said, I will do the throwing away slowly.

Today, I went into the bathroom and there were two dingy raggedy (mostly string) washcloths on the bathroom vanity. He barely squeezes the water out of them. Later in the day, I bought him two mint green washcloths, the color of the one-inch tiles on the floor and vanity top. I knew he would yell because I spent my money on them and say if he needed washcloths, he would buy them. NO, he won't. I just folded them and put them on the corner of the counter that I knew he would need to touch. Finally, he went to the bathroom, pushed them back a little and never said a word.

Next, I am going to buy a new commode brush with holder. The one he has is absolutely black in the bottom of the holder. That is either poop or mold--disgusting. No, I am not going to wash it and clean the black stuff out of the bottom. And, neither will he. I don't think he has used that brush in years. I am the only one to clean the new commode. He may explode.

Thanks to Anne, I bought butter at Aldi's for $1.99/lb.

I got sleepy during the writing of this post, then on Monday felt bad, not ill. So here is what I promised another blogger. It is about ways to get meds taken by seniors. I think she has the problem solved. But, here goes.

from Bottom Line's secret 67 Special Reports:

There are medication dispensing devices that signal the person, even remotely. They remotely signal a provider or family member if a pill is missed. That is about all about this subject. Sorry I was so long getting this on the blog.

I asked Tommy about how he like the washcloths and he exploded. Then, he threw them on top of my clean towels in my bedroom. His bathroom counter is disgustingly dirty, so he caused me to have to rewash the towel I use for hair coloring. I put the washcloths back on the bathroom counter and he screamed he would keep putting them back in my room. I told him in no uncertain terms how filthy his counter was and not to put them near anything of mine, to just throw them into the kitchen trash. So, this is Monday and the cloths are still there in the bathroom. I never use his sink because he has a big bowl in the sink and it is usually so fully of nasty water that I just go to the kitchen for brushing my teeth or washing up. Ready to kill the man on Sunday. Unfortunately, I cannot sustain an argument that long, so we are back to civility, even friendliness.

Right now, I am using the crockpot to cook ground sirloin, potatoes, carrots with savory and a can of diced tomatoes. All this was given to me. So, pretty much a free meal.

I had peeled all the potatoes and decided to take some of the diced potatoes and make potato salad for me since I had four boiled eggs left. I put the diced potatoes in my one Corning Ware casserole left and did not put water in it . Then, I put water in and forgot to go back and check, so they boiled dry and scorched. I had six little diced pieces that were not stuck and scorched. I told you I did not feel well.

It is an hour past Tommy's dinnertime and he keeps asking when it will be done. I just did not start soon enough. Earlier, when I realized I was going to be late getting this done, I asked him about having a hamburger with lettuce and tomato on it. He agreed and then got upset when he realized I meant tonight...lol. So, I dumped the ground sirloin into the crockpot. Now, we wait.

Okay, it is done and we both enjoyed a delicious meal. Then, I wanted chocolate, but there is none here. I am afraid I have eaten too many sweets tonight.




13 comments:

  1. thanks for the info on the remote pill reminder! I'll look into it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. That way you will know if she is not taking a pill. Sorry it took me so long.

      Delete
  2. Hubby tells me it's okay to get rid of, I pack it up and he takes it out of the house saying he is dealing with it. I found it ALL when we moved as he had just moved it to storage instead. NOW I take it to the trash when I find it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      Craty guy. There was an episode of Modern Family whee Phil took donations of toys and stuff and put them in a rented storage unit.

      Delete
  3. The Dollar Tree has decent toilet brushes. Don't think I've seen them with holders, but I'll bet you can find an old bowl or plant pot to keep on the floor in which to place it after using.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. chipmunk,
      Yes, a bowl from his kitchen that he said I could toss. Thank.

      Delete
  4. Is Tommy a type 1 diabetic or type 2? Same question for you.

    If you're both type 2, then you'd both feel better if you cut the potatoes, bread, milk (lactose is sugar), bananas (tons of sugar), and all the sweets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice,
      Both type 2. I know what I am allowed to eat and it is not much! I will not give up bananas...lol. Thanks.

      Delete
    2. A little like a smoker who won't give up cigarettes. See if your local library has "The Diabetes Code" by Dr. Jason Fung. He's a nephrologist (kidney doctor) who has been treating diabetics and obese patients for over two decades.

      Using his protocol, my husband has reversed (CURED!) his Type 2 diabetes.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. BD,
      Thanks. I put the crockpot in the heating unit so we can have it tonight and finish it off.

      Delete
  6. Alice,
    I accidentally found the post I thought I lost. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...