Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Tuesday

I had a doctor's appointment and things to do in Cullman, so we set out in time to eat lunch at the church where we pick up the lunch. Well, that was a bust since they changed it to last Tuesday. So, we had to buy lunch. I would have packed a lunch if I had known.

We made six stops other than the doctor's appointment. At least I accomplished a few things. I used my rollator for one of the stops, the longest one. Tommy has to get out of back the Rogue, hold onto the roof rack to get to the back to get my walker out for me out and then to put it back. He never complains.

Monday evening, I got up to plug in my laptop that had come unplugged in the middle of the two part power cord. I tried to turn, had vertigo, stepped on my foot with the other foot, and thought I was going to Step on my laptop and almost hit the tv. Instead I fell with my head about 2 inches from the table on which it sits. Tommy was by me immediately, wanting to know if I was okay. I felt lucky I did not land on my knee. However, I felt beat up all day today, Tuesday. I felt thrown to the floor...lol

The reason I fell was I was trying to avoid stepping on my laptop. When I got up to plug it in, I did not want to put a knee on the laptop. So, I leaned it against the loveseat. In the meantime, it slid flat onto the floor which I noticed after I started moving. If I had not been trying not to step on the laptop, I would not have stepped on my own foot!

I went to a food bank and got a cooked and frozen slab of pork. ??? We carry a cooler in the car. There was a loaf of bread, so I do not have to purchase that. We eat little bread, and I refuse to buy it full price.

I had all presents ready for Christmas. Today, I started over purchasing things. I got two Christmas presents and need two more. My children may not get a gift this year, just the four grandchildren. If so, I am halfway there. I have two boys and two girls. I bought Christmas stamps. So, I am closer to Christmas.

We bought stuff at the store where I won the $100 worth of groceries. We both put our names in the box in hopes of winning this year. At this moment, I do not know what I bought, not much. This week, the ads will be better.

I picked up my scissors I ordered. I purchased cheap scissors for everyday that are just not going to work. I cannot get them off my hand, so back they go. Three pair were $5.98 or something like that. I thought there were two pair. So, the search goes on for everyday scissors. Somewhere, there is a pair for paper that works.

When we got home and had brought everything inside, it was about 7 pm. I told Tommy to wake me at 8 and went to bed. He woke me at 8am and I got up about 9 pm. It took me thirty seconds to go to sleep and about 30 seconds to go back to sleep. We ate dinner very late.

Last week, a package mailed to me was returned. I have n clue as to mailed it. Nothing should be mailed to my address. My PO box 1902 should be used. Better yet, mail things to 2711 Clyburne St, Hueytown, Al 35023.

There is a pink package of store ads that lands in the driveway that also has two of the inserts that are usually in the paper--Retail Me Not, Smart Source. The Sunday paper is $3, so I can look online and see it is worth buying s paper. Do you ever get coupon inserts except in the newspaper?

8 comments:

  1. Hueytown...that's where our Alabama friend's late mother lived and he grew up. He loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alice,
    I accidentally deleted your comment. please comment again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was on the post from the 19th. It's there. :)

      In addition to reversing my husbands diabetes, he lost 60 pounds and went down four pant sizes.

      Delete
  3. We get coupons in Sundays paper but there is rarely anything good in them. I used to get more useful coupons. We still buy the paper on Sundays tho just to read. Sometimes it pays with the inserts and sometimes it is just the reading of it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann,
      There are not many sections in the paper i want to read. Coupons are the highlight. I do read news on the internet.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...