Thursday, January 9, 2020

Wednesday with Lasix

On Wednesday afternoon, I made a decision. Tommy agreed. So, today when we got up, we ate and left the house. ugh He was returning something for me. I had a necessity to purchase and needed bananas desperately. So, by 8:15 he had put a load of his clothes in the washing machine and we were out of the driveway. After the first stop, I wanted to get Bell peppers on sale for $0.58 each at Piggly Wiggly. I also had see something and needed to write down the phone number for the third time.

All that done, and he needed an oil change and got his antifreeze sucked out and replaced. I did not know this was a thing. It cost about $100. We were invited to sit inside during the antifreeze procedure, but since we both have trouble walking and the seats might hurt, we opted to just sit in the car.

Today, at 11 am the temp is 58F, nice and warm. However, the wind is so strong it feels much colder. I put on the sweat suit, pants and coat, to go out. Tommy remarked that he did not know how I could stand to not wear socks and just wear sandals. It was barely in the 40s when we left. When I ride in the car, my feet get very chilly. I have always taken one of the small throws and just dropped it on the floor over my feet. I am just fine then.

When I took out the black blanket that we were given in December, I had a better look at it. It is small and has the edges turned over once with two stitches on the top and a cover stitch on the back. I had never held it up or unfolded it. I was surprised to see a tag--"AMERICAN AIRLINES." Now, I wonder if this is a stolen blanket or if the airline donated them. ???

Total spent today is .
Today, I spent $2.90 on 4 peppers, $1.12 on 5 bananas, nothing else. Total, $4.02. There are lots of ads, as usual. But, there is nothing I need.

About 30 minutes ago, I took two pills to reduce swelling in feet, legs and body. So. I am sure the rest of the day will not be fun. Even though I need a nap, I doubt I will go to bed and just exist on the five hours of sleep I got last night.

When we came home, Tommy took his clothes from the dryer and put them into the dryer. He just brought them inside. All shirts that button up are hanging on the hat rack. He is now folding and rolling all his knit shirts. I didn't know he did that. I did know he hung his pants on the coat rack. When I say he hangs shirts and pants on the coat rack, he uses no hangers, just hooks them onto the coat rack.

Last night, we shared a single frozen dinner, deli-style stuff--barbequed brisket, corn, and macaroni and cheese. I can no longer eat corn, so let Tommy have that and about 2/3 of the brisket. The mac and cheese was just cooked pasta in white sauce. I decided it was not worth eating--too many carbs and calories for the taste I was getting. We both had a baked sweet potato. This was such a cheap dinner and not to bad on our bodies.

For lunch I am having six stuffed baby bella mushrooms stuffed with four cheese and garlic. I have no idea what he will eat--up to him. Oh, he is having peanut butter sandwich for lunch.

Okay, I tried to take a nap and failed. I have been the bathroom every hour! And, I had to hurry every time!

Dinner tonight--baked potato and salad for him; spaghetti and salad for me. Before dinner, I must wash clothes...ugh.

2 comments:

  1. Your post title reminds me of the book Tuesdays With Morrie...!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. rhymes,
      I wish this were just one day. Obviously no one like this post.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...