Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Hard Water, Cardiologist, I Blew It

My hair has been stringy, not holding a curl, and just nasty since August. Finally, I asked Tommy if he had hard or soft water. HARD! I think that is what is wrong with my hair. I read that hard water can cause heart problems and cause strokes. He does not care. He refuses to do anything even for his health. I just worry about my appearance...lol.

I went to Lowe's and the guy said, "You just need salt." He lead me to the bags. I was so irritated. I asked him if I was supposed to just throw salt at the water. He did not know. I asked if there were something to attach to a faucet. "Oh, yes, this PUR faucet would change the water from hard to soft. I am so frustrated because he said I could not put it on HIS faucet. If you think I am abusing him, keep it to yourself!

I wonder if hard water consumption could cause edema that I have. I have read that hard water causes heart problem and high blood pressure. I wonder.

Today, I had a visit with a cardiologist. He saw my swollen feet. He does not think it is my heart but my thyroid. I have another test to next week. In the meantime, I have two prescriptions--potassium and a water pill. I told him I already had trouble making it to the bathroom. He did not look up from the computer and said dryly, "it's going to get worse." Tommy already backs up when I screech that I have to go after seeing him trying to get into the bathroom.

He is going to get my medical records from the endocrinologist and see what is happening. It will be interesting. I am just relieved he does not think it is my heart.

After getting my hav-a-hart trap I used to catch raccoons, I left it in the front yard behind my concrete bench yesterday. Thankfully, it was still there today. We go it into his Rogue and took it to the storage unit. It was a struggle. I wish I had someone to help me have a yard sale.

The day was beautiful once again, blue skies and 60s temperature, no wind.

Moneywise, today, I blew it. I insist on pumping gas for Tommy. He has to hold onto the luggage rack to get around the car to the pump. Of course, the gas tank would be on the passenger side. Early in the morning, I am in a coma for hours. I know he wants 87 grade, but today I pumped 93 at a cost of $5 more. He was really upset with me. I have never done this before.

14 comments:

  1. If you are worried about consuming our hard water buy a brita water filter. I use it for my coffee maker, but mainly just to keep the calcium from building up inside it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      I have one...in the dump. Thanks. I wonder if hard water is harmful to consume. But, my hair is the main thing I am concerned about at this moment. I wonder if Brita makes a filter for the faucet. I wash my hair in the kitchen sink, so something on the faucet would give me water to drink and to wash my hair.

      Delete
  2. I have never heard of hard water being bad for a person. We have hard water and have been using it many years. It always puts a hard yellow film in the shower which needs tub spray to remove. Hope you get good test results from your dr next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw this online: "Hard water may clog up your kettle, but there is strong evidence that it helps protect your heart, too. Hard water, unlike soft water, is rich in minerals. In particular it has a good dose of magnesium."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann,
      I hope that is true. I may quit drinking the water until I know. Thanks.

      Delete
  4. If he won't let you put a PUR faucet on his faucet, what makes you think he will let you put a Brita filter on his faucet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you did. In your response to "Anne in the kitchen" (first commenter on this thread), you said, "I wonder if Brita makes a filter for the faucet."

      Delete
    2. Oh, that was in a comment. There was nothing about it in the post.

      Delete
  5. Hard water will not cause health problems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      Okay, I believe you. But, I believed the person who said it did. BUT, it is ruining my hair. That I know.

      Delete
  6. that's good he doesn't think it's your heart. We had hard water for 30 years at our old place. I had never heard of health issues with it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      I am so relied. Thanks. I will mention to it to him.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...