Friday, March 6, 2020

Less Pain; More Strawberries and a Gas Card

This morning I awoke at 9:50, ten minutes before I told Tommy to wake me and almost 8 hour after I went to sleep. We both were engrossed in TV last night, so we were up way too late. Well, it is too late for him.

Finally, at 11:30 am, I had breakfast--peanut butter, Miracle Whip, banana sandwich, and milk. Tommy turned on a movie and I had to see the rest of it. We were both dressed to go grocery shopping, but we watched the movie until 1:30 pm or so. Naturally, the day got away from us. Born Yesterday with Judy Holliday, Broderick Crawford, and William Holden was too good to resist, especially since I saw the first 30 minutes.

I have been talking about a gas card for the last few weeks. I called Publix to see how it works. Then, I went there with a list of things I need to get the grocery receipt up to $50 needed to get $10 off the gas card.

Dasani water  b2g1 got 6
Coke Caffeine Free b2g1 got 3
bananas
halos with coupon
celery
red grapes
Granny Smith Apples
leaf lettuce
Gala apples for Tommy
3 quarts strawberries@$2 each
Dove with coupon...enough to last the rest of my life
4 cans Campbells chicken broth @ $1/can
reduced Pringles
b1g1 Cake mix, got 2
pads with $4 coupon
Ronco spaghetti
Lysol spray
nail brush
2 $50 gas cards $100-$20=$80

Another store
envelopes
Manila envelopes
chips for Tommy
two small pads for lists,  27 cents apiece
two candies, IknowIknow
summerish tablecloth
red thread
two Sharpies

Then, we decided we wanted ice cream with some of the strawberries and went to another store where I bought a pint of ice cream and chips for Tommy.  The previous store had not put the chips in my bag and it is Friday night--not going back today!

And, we will not have shortcake and ice cream on the same day.

Finally, when I checked out of Publix, the amount was over $100. I asked if I could buy 2 gas cards, so someone got me another. When it was all over, it was almost $200. I did not ask him, but Tommy was fine with that being put on his card. Total--$196.55.

It will be a long time before we need water or Caffeine Free Cokes. I told Tommy I was going to make a big spend one month and buy a Berkey. He sounded distressed and asked me why???

Last night, there was no white or yellow cake mix, just chocolate. So, I did not make an Apple Dapple cake. Today, I got Chocolate Fudge Cake mix and a Spice cake mix. The spice cake will be made with apples in it. I hope the Granny Smith Apples work.

Since we got out of the house at a strange hour, neither of us was hungry. Of course, eventually we did get hungry and ate a cheap burger. This was a major fail. I told Tommy never to start a movie when we are ready to go because I might not be able to resist.

Last night, I did manage to freeze 4 pints of strawberries. Actually, none of the bags are full, but I would rather have 4 strawberry treats than 3 strawberry treats.

So, I sit here, needing to go wash the crockpot and start the taco casserole in it. It will be more like taco soup, but we love it.

The sink will not drain much at all, and he refuses to call a plumber and is uninterested in helping me with the unclogging. I can put in the baking soda and vinegar, but I need help getting a huge pot of boiling water to the sink from the stove. We will probably scald ourselves. grrr  A person cannot function without a sink that drains!

Today, I could not help bring in the groceries at all. Well, I refused to bring in anything but the ice cream and my purse. I did unlock the door. lol Well, it is hard to turn the key for me.

8 comments:

  1. strawberry shortcake sounds good. I have a keto recipe I might try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      Of course you will, oh queen of keto...lol. I have something about keto shortcake tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. I'm not a fan of strawberry short cake, but would enjoy over ice cream. good luck with the clog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      You might just like my strawberry shortcake because the shortcake is biscuit like. I do not care for those little round cakes sold for shortcake. The clog is hopeless. Now to convince Tommy to call someone.

      Delete
  3. I am going to go back to Publix and get some more of those strawberries. They are now 4 16oz packs for $5. And yes, good luck with the clog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa,
      The price is getting better all the time. I will go back and get more for freezing...and of course for eating. Thanks.

      Delete
  4. This one gave me a giggle as I didn't see in the title the word "Card"

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...