Friday, April 10, 2020

Thursday and Friday

We had to be in Cullman at 9 am on Thursday. ugh So, we left here at 7 am. Of course, he had to have a sausage and biscuit and coffee. okay. It is a huge habit, but I say nothing  because I do not want his blood sugar dropping. Then, he announced he had to get gas! That could have been done the day before. So, I have to question him about gas from now on! GAH

I packed a lunch--chicken sandwiches and a halo. He also had orange juice and pb crackers for the wait. I was in the hospital for about 1.5 hours. He had eaten the crackers and oj when I returned. We went to the lake in town to eat lunch. It was a glorious day and the setting was perfect.

Last week, I wanted a chocolate ice cream cone from DQ. They do not have chocolate! So, on Thursday we stopped at the DQ in Cullman and found they had chocolate. We told the manager who gave us our cone that the one we went  had no chocolate. She said she had heard that there were only four DQs in AL that carried chocolate ice cream. What?

We won't have another cone until the price comes down to $1 for a cone. The only thing we bought at the grocery store was Duncan Hines cake mixes.

I have not handled paper money in over a month. I have one place I pay cash because they charge me over three dollars to use my card. I am right there in the town, so it pays to make payments with cash.

When I took the money from the bank Thursday, I did not touch it...well, just the ends to count it in the bank envelope. I wiped the envelope with a Lysol Wipe and got it just wet and nasty. So, I pulled the bills out and held them with a wipe. I told the lady that the wetness was only a Lysol Wipe. She said they had been wiping down everything all day. The whole building had only four people working as opposed to their usual twenty or so. She was inside, just pushing out a window for people to place payment.

I take advantage of paying on the phone or online every chance I get, which is always, except for the one bill I paid today.

The grocery store was stocked with tp. There were few people there. There were no wipes, hand sanitizer or Dial Soft Soap.

Friday, I called my car insurance company and found out a 15% refund will be applied back to the credit card used to pay my insurance. This will be once for April and once for May. YAY! This is because of the coronavirus and lack of driving. The same will happen with Tommy's insurance.

Today, I not only watered my garden, I put poison on the back and front of each leaf. This chore was back pain intensive. This poison supplied to me is supposed to not be dangerous. Why was there a caution to wash hands if you got it on your hands? Today, I am getting the hot peppers I need for my own non-toxic bug spray.

I wanted to get a couple of hot peppers and forgot why I wanted to go to Publix! Shoot! I told Tommy I did not need to go to Publix when were out. I went to Dollar General to look for elastic.

6 comments:

  1. Came in from Mrs M and sound l under most insurance company is doing a refund because less people are driving. I am guessing your making mask and reason is your getting elastic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dora,
      I called just to be sure about the refund, and yes, I am getting one. I am going to make one with needle and thread and do need elastic.

      Delete
  2. If elastic doesn't come available you can make ties with bias (of course you can make your own bias also) My son asked for both styles and he has found he has issues with the elastic on his ears day in and out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      Yes, I know how to make bias tape. If I were wearing the mask for long periods, I would probably not like the elastic on my ears. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. I don't handle much if any cash these days either.
    It seems to be a 'second fiddle' currency

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      I often get cash back when using my card, but no more. Yes, it is 'second fiddle' here, too.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...