Saturday, July 11, 2020

I'm sneaky

In my house, I had some sort of timepiece in every room. Here, Tommy was one small clock radio by his chair. It faces the corner and cannot be seen by me.

I mentioned getting a clock for the wall in the living room and was forbidden to purchase any sort of clock. He does not want nail holes in his wall, ruining the paint and wall.

Consequently, i have to ask him dozens of time each day the time. I might be waiting on something in the oven or just wonder how long until a favorite movie comes on. Knowing the time is important sometimes. At other times I just wonder what time it is getting to be.

Back in February, I bought a clock for the wall. He is so volatile when he perceives he is being crossed about minor things that I just now got it out. I put a battery in it and hid it where he cannot see it from his chair.

I planned to put it out when he went to the bathroom. It has been in here by the TV for over 24 hours. I have not mentioned it nor has he.

The clock is just leaning against the wall. I bought a Command hook, but cannot find it. There is a box on a table next to the TV. It is on its way to another room, but I put the clock on it, leaning against the wall. When i move the box, I will not be able to see the clock since it will be too low.

There are four walls in here...lol. One is over the love seat where i sit. If I put the clock there, i will have to stand up to see it. If I put it on the wall opposite the TV, it will still be difficult to see. If I put it on the wall opposite me, it will be easier to see. If I place it on the same wall as the TV, it will be perfect.

There is a clock on the wall above my head, behind the love seat. The clock is a train clock that someone gave him, but it has a train whistle that sounds every 30 minutes. He will not remove it because there is a two inch hole in the wall that was here when he bought the house in 1980! He paid his brother to paint the wall, but the left the hole. sigh  The train clock is the only thing on the walls in the whole house!

If i am cooking in the kitchen, I must walk to the living room and ask him what time it is. There is a nail that was here when he moved here. I will put a clock in there, too, this next month.

I am absolutely positive he will only "allow" the clock on the two walls that are impossible for me to look at. Yeah. We will see.

WWIII may break out when I pull out the Command Hook. He is convinced it will ruin the wall.

He paid for the clock, unbeknownst to him and the Command Hook. So, it will be left when I leave.

He is not so bad. He sincerely thanked me the other day for doing things around here he cannot do. He even told me i could not have a clock plugged into the wall in the bedroom where I sleep!!!

Much ado and stress about a clock? I think so, too.

16 comments:

  1. Can you get a wrist watch? You would only need to wear it sometimes when telling time is more important. Also there are times you could get a kitchen timer that also tells time and would serve to time cooking too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann,
      I have a cheap kitchen timer I bought that has a puny beep that I can barely hear and it certainly does not tell time. I need something larger so i can see it in the dark of the kitchen. He will accept clocks.

      Delete
  2. Buy you an Echo Dot from Amazon, then you will only have to ask Alexa what time it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wear a watch even though most people don't any more. I got tired of looking at my phone to see the time. One day our living room clock must have run out of battery power. I realized half way through the day it still said 8:45. lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crystal,
      Well, a watch would be one more thing to buy and take off when washing dishes AND figure out where it is now. Those batteries throw me off when the run down. No, i don't like to keep looking at my cell phone, either. I don't often have it on me if i have no pocket or just have not brought it from the bedroom.

      Delete
  4. I would hat not being able to know the time. I feel like it is something I just need to know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      Thanks you! So do I! Time can slip away. I can sit here until 8pm not realizing i should have started dinner that he wants at 7:30. Other than appointments, i just need to know. When i have to ask him, he has to find the remote, maybe get up and get it whereever he left it, click on whatever, then the time shows on the TV. I feel like the time is something i need to know.

      Delete
  5. Can you get a clock that would sit on a table that you can see from your chair. My husband got aggravated about me asking him what time it is when I'm in the bathroom. I do that because I am checking if it is time to take my asthma inhalers that I have to rinse my mouth after using, so I keep them in there He is in his computer room and all he has to do is look at the time on the computer. I don't bother him about this very often. After him getting bugged about me asking the time, I have decided to try and get a little small stick on inch by one inch clock, like I used to see at Dollar store a few years ago, on Amazon. If I could find a cute little decorative clock I could put it on a shelf I have in there. Thank goodness my husband doesn't have a problem with holes in the wall, because I have a million pictures and plates on the walls (well maybe not exactly a million).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither one of us can get under the table to plug things in. But, I have a clock that i am using sitting on the box and will stick on Command hook. He will have to get over it. He will, promise you.

      Delete
  6. Target has some small battery powered clocks they are maybe 4” wide and 3” tall. They are like a travel clock. I have one in the bathroom so I can see what time it is when I get up to use the bathroom. My clock has a bar on the top that you press to illuminate the numbers in the dark. It has an alarm but I don’t know how precise it is if used for a timer.

    https://www.target.com/p/compact-battery-operated-digital-alarm-clock-white-sharp/-/A-52446108

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet,
      I keep forgetting to get a small clock like that for use in the bedroom. I need to put it on a list.

      Delete
    2. Get one for next to where you sit too. After all it wouldn't be on the wall or plugged in!

      Delete
    3. JANET,
      I have one for the wall and cannot find the Command Hook i bought for it. He can remove that from the wall with no damage to the wall.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...