Monday, March 8, 2021

Monday

 I found out another friend died from her obituary. Sad. I was looking for something else and recognized her name. For the last few months I had meant to call and catch up. Don't wait if you are thinking of someone. 

Last night, I was unable to sleep, so it is 10 am, and I am going to eat and go to bed about noon. In the meantime, there are things to do:

Tommy washed my black pants, so I must hang them and get together another two loads. Hopefully, he will not be too tired since he has a load in for himself. 

This week, we are expecting 5 days with 0% chance of rain. So planting chores are here.

We need to get plant pots ready for spring. Last fall, my allergies were too bad. I might even get some little seed greenhouses for starting seeds. 

There are several of Tommy's blankets that he said he has not washed in years, nor has he used them. They are just on the floor. Since he won't have to go out in cold or heat or rain, he will not mind washing them, I am sure. 

I need to help look for one of his cc since I may have put it in my purse in the car. He has searched the car. He often hands it to me after he uses it for meds or something at another window. Maybe I just put it in my purse absentmindly. 

There are phone calls to make to doctor, friends. Maybe I will call a couple of relatives. 

All this will not happen today, but I can start. There is nothing monumental waiting for me to accomplishment, just little things I can do "later." You know how that goes. 

I think the shingles are back and have been for about two weeks. Only now, I think they can be seen. So, I suppose that means another visit to the doctor. UGH


7 comments:

  1. After scratching my head for about 10 minutes (figuratively spo), I finally figured out what you meant by “cc”....

    I commiserate with you over having shingles. No fun whatsoever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put things off til 'later' too then feel so successful when I get the simplest tasks done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I get that. I have done nothing today but lie in bed, sometimes sleeping. But, I must hang clothes.

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry to hear about the death of your friend - it's sad to read it in the obituaries isn't it. And even sorrier to hear about the shingles. Gosh, you've been through the wringer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Treaders,
      Thank you. I was stunned. This shingles bit is getting old.

      Delete
  4. Hope you feel better soon. I always have to go to the doctor with my ear. I apparently have small canals and they “swell shut” easily. I wonder if you have shingles in your ear? I had chicken pox sores in my ear as a child and it was awful.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...