Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Hijacked UPS Truck?

In Hayden, AL, a car drove into a Christmas parade! No one was hurt. This was in the same county and also the area where FedEx packages were dumped.  

Christmas programs we have seen on TV in December.

The Grinch Who Stole Christmas                                                                                                                   A Christmas Carol, Jim Carrey                                                                                                                     It's a Wonderful Life                                                                                                                                    Michael Buble                                                                                                                                                 A Christmas Story                                                                                                                                Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer                                                                                                    Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer


A boom box for the living room came on Monday. Now, we can listen to Christmas music other than when we are in the car. Yes, we go low tech here.  I chose it because it has a remote control so I don't have to get up to turn it off when we don't want it on. 

Tuesday night dinner was a salad with turkey on it. 

Wednesday dinner will be a casserole with turkey, broccoli, carrots, mushroom soup, cheese, and brown rice. Or, maybe not.

Since Thursday is his birthday, I will probably make something with zucchini since he loves it. He really wanted sweet potato casserole for Thanksgiving, so maybe that, too.  Maybe not. 

Tuesday night, we went after dark to purloin the pink bag of ads and coupons from a house that is not occupied. Well, tonight it was, so we know where another empty house is to get ads. 

Then, he asked about looking at Christmas decorations "across the way." I thought he meant across the intersection. But, he went onto a big road out of the subdivision and into another larger neighborhood. 

We were stopped/blocked by a large vehicle in the street and another car on the other side of the street. I thought it was an emergency vehicle, first a firetruck and then an ambulance. People were moving around in and out of the vehicle. We could not pass, so were patient since it was an emergency.

Finally, Tommy said it was a UPS truck and they were unloading it into the hatchback behind it. I sure hope it was legitimate and not thieves. I saw someone and yelled, "Hey," trying to get someone's attention. The guy yelled and ran to move the car on the other side of the road. In ten minutes there were at least a half-dozen other cars, all with lights on and I suppose loading up with packages. If this was a crime, we had front seats. 

Okay, we just returned from Cullman. I am exhausted and still need to cook dinner.

4 comments:

  1. You've had a lot of festive entertainment. I think boom boxes are still a perfectly fine way to get music. A remote is handy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      I am laser focused on seeing things that are Christmas-y! Every time I see something, I tell Tommy. Of course, it's usually a Hallmark channel or OWN, and Tommy said OWN is like Hallmark. So, I search. Boom boxes have a good quality sound so far.

      Delete
  2. Instead of shouting, "Hey!" you should've have shouted, "Hey, what do I get for not calling the cops??"
    Just kidding.
    Seriously, though: As did you, I would not have confronted the situation, but I would have taken down the UPS truck's license plate number and reported it anonymously. What you witnessed was absolutely shenanigans of some sort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      I was going to say, "Hey, can someone move the car?" But, the guy ran as soon as I said the first word. I would have had to make a big deal of it to see any markings, so we kept going. I think I will call and ask what was going on. Nothing has been on the news.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...