Thursday, March 3, 2022

Double Luck

~~Wednesday, we went to Cullman where I exchanged the Hunt's Petite Diced Tomatoes for the same variety with no salt. 

~~Since I had only one key to the lock I put on my second storage unit, I went to the locksmith and paid for a new key--$3. That was much cheaper than a new lock. 

I had not gone to PO Saturday, I checked Wednesday, got lots of mail--only one piece that was not junk mail. 

At my yard, the daffodils in the back yard, the old ones, are slow blooming.

BK at the lake watching ducks was fun.

The Double Luck green beans that were $0.69 are not available in No Salt version. An employee told me that the company will quit marketing these green beans in our area. They will quit supplying them to the Southeast because they don't sell well. WHAT??? I was upset. 

He said the best peaches ever, Argo, will not be sold in the Southeast, either. Argo peaches only come in a large can, 29 ounces, I think. These peaches are so good because they are soft and look raggedy. I know the other brands have nicely cut peaches and these don't. But, they are my favorite brand. They are products of same supplier.

There was other stuff, but I am tired, so might write again on Friday. 

While I was talking to the employee, I asked him about the Food Club salted butter that was $1.50/lb. He said the store bought the butter short-dated, and they knew it was short-dated. When it was gone, it was gone. So, now I know. Remember that the date was March 8 or something really near. It is all in the freezer, so that will extend the best-by date. So, no more cheap butter from this store. 

Have you ever seen or bought Double Luck green beans?




12 comments:

  1. I love green beans but have never heard of this brand.

    Sassybear
    www.idleeyesandadormy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sassy,
      i have never met a green bean I did not like. These are cheap and as good as the more expensive brands.

      Delete
  2. Mom used to buy those but I have not seen them in decades.

    Chobani filtered milk is BOGO at Publix and there was a $2 blinkie coupon plus an Botta rebate of .75 each so 5 free plus a 1.25 moneymaker today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lana,
      I love those green beans. Thanks for the heads up on Chobani.

      Delete
  3. I have never seen double luck green beans. I know it is sad to find out a product you love might not be available. I have had that happen on occasion. Start researching the manufacturer or distributor. They can advise where you might be able to purchase when your store no longer carries it. I have found things on amazon. I also use Walmart to ship heavy things to my front door. If I order over $35.00 shipping is free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Texas,
      They won't be shipping it to the Southeast, so that let's me out. Amazon does not carry it.

      Delete
  4. Try Walmart.com. I saw them on the website.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The only thing I can suggest is to try different brands. Del Monte was and is my favorite but have gotten to pricey. I tried the walmart brand, no did not like. I tried Libbeys and I could make those work. I also switched over to their corn. I have recently tried Green Giant green beans on sale and they worked as well. Now I have 2 options at a lower cost. I have been trying a lot of things one at a time to see if I like them and was surprised to find them good at a lower cost. It has saved me a lot of money from everything from canned goods, cereals, snacks and bread products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Texas
      I was specifically looking for the Libby's on sale AND no salt. The ones on sale were not the no salt ones. Too bad. The only band I will not purchase, even at a rock bottom price is Great Value. I do buy one can to "test." If it is a sale, I rush home and use it so I can go back the same day or the next before the supply runs short.

      Delete
  6. I agree, the great value green beans are not good at all! I do not like their corn either. I have found that their pinto beans, black beans, sweet peas and canned tomato products are okay. I do not have to worry about the salt issue like you do. Hopefully you can find some Libbys products with no salt added on sale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Texas,
      I have never tried Great Value because I don't trust WM. No one told me to avoid salt, I just always have not wanted salt. I usually buy "No Salt" vegetables, just cannot find sales that include this variety. It is frustrating.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...