Sunday, June 23, 2019

I don't know

I have no idea why but I have been ill for the last five days. I have no fever, no pain, nothing to pin down. I can barely walk. My legs feel trembly and I cannot get my knees straight. My legs feel bent at the knees all the time when I walk. My chest feels like someone is sitting on it. Those are my vague symptoms. ???

Tommy has offered several times each day to come from Birmingham and take me to the doctor. So far, I have rejected that.

Saturday morning about 5:30 I was on the floor and could not get up. I did not fall. As I was leaning over to pick up something, I sort of got off balance and just slipped to the side. I sat before I fell. The sitting was a conscious attempt to keep from falling. I was not dizzy or felt off balance. As I sat there with my knees up, I could not straighten out my legs because of what was in front of me. It would be three hours before I dared call my friend to help me.

Finally, I put forth the supreme effort and got myself  turned around where I could stretch my legs out and get over on my knees and reach for something on which to pull. I was hot and sweaty when I finally got up, got a cold washcloth and wiped my sweaty upper body, cooling me down. It took an hour lying still to calm down and cool off.

Each day, I feel a tiny bit better, not much, just a less awful feeling.  Since I barely leave my bed, I think I need to get up more. They get you out of bed in a hospital, so I will get me out of bed every day, several times each day. Going to the bathroom does not count. By Tuesday, I should go to the free dinner.

I have been very frugal in many ways. I have not gone shopping for anything. However, each night after 9 pm, I have gone to get fast food. I don't have to negotiate traffic, wait much for anything. I have only done this the last three nights., but won't do it tonight.

Since my hair is disgusting and very dirty, I cannot get out of the car. Between nasty hair and not feeling secure driving in heavy traffic, I missed going to the Farmer's Market and getting squash. Not one person had an opinion on squash casserole, so I will try what I remember.

Tonight, I must get into the kitchen and cook the turkey tenders. I might make coleslaw if I have the energy. There! I will have something to eat. I do have lettuce and tomatoes. I can make the squash casserole after going to the market on Tuesday.

When Tommy comes on Tuesday, I might go to the doctor. I don't know.

10 comments:

  1. Oh my word! That mystery illness sounds terrible. What makes it so horrible is that you don't think you need a doctor! I would definitely ask you to let Tommy take you to the doctor on Tuesday. They may know what the problem is. I am so glad you are planning on moving around more and eating better. I hope you are doing well very soon. You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, you should definitely go to the doctor. The chest heaviness could be pneumonia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to go to the doctor. I am serious, I am really worried about you. GO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you go to the doctor. I am so sorry that you are feeling terrible. I hope you are feeling better, but still think you should go to the doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't want to sound bossy, but please get to a doctor very soon and tell him all of the symptoms that you wrote of here. The feeling of a weight on your chest and the heavy perspiring are listed symptoms of heart attack or pneumonia. Please don't worry about dirty hair and such. Doctor won't care, and if he does, too bad. Please get medical attention as soon as possible. Better safe than sorry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susie,
      Taking meds for chest helped. Hair was disgusting not just dirty. No, I don't think you are bossy.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...