Thursday, June 20, 2019

Squash Casseole

On Wednesday, dinner was planned. However, company spoiled my plans. This was going to be a dinner of several courses: cheese and crackers and Coke, followed by a salad, then there were strawberries for later. I came back in to a hot Coke, soft crackers, and very hard cheese.  The salad was eaten about 11 pm and the strawberries after midnight.

That screwed up my plans to sort the box of things from the car. I did get to look at the grocery ads for the coming week.

His visit was welcome, so that is not the problem. It is just that I had plans that involved food and we stayed outdoors and then he took me to show me a building. Then, we sat in the car and talked. No, this was not a personal relationship and visit.

I have given up on having Hosta in the yard. I now have them all potted and on a round table. Kitty may have eradicated all chipmunks, but I will take no chances for a while. This round table, a dining table, now holds all my plants. Why couldn't the chipmunks have an appetite for weeds or thorns?

Since I plan to make a squash casserole, I have to figure out the recipe in my recipe book or online.  As I remember, there is squash, buttered bread chunks, and cheese--all layered twice. But, I decided to look on the internet.

This is where it all went sideways. I know mine did not have soup, eggs or any of the other dozen items I found on the internet. I first made squash casserole in the late 70s and obviously it has evolved. So, I am going with cheese, squash, bread and butter.  Did I mss something?

After a stormy 11 minutes last night, the day has been a beautiful June day. The sun is shining. But, I think we are going to have another session tonight and tomorrow. The storm was worse in other places and people lost power and trees. Hopefully, the predictions are wrong.

So, Thursday was a beautiful day, contrary to the prediction. How was your day?









2 comments:

  1. It's saturday now.
    It's hot / I've pulled out my back. I am FINALLY catching up on blogs.
    I hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Urspo,
    Not well at all.
    It is hot here, too. Goodness, I hope your back gets better.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...