Sunday, July 21, 2019

I Finally Figured it Out

It is embarrassing to say so, but I have been making myself ill--not the uti, the horrible feeling of illness and having to sleep all day. Until I got the ac adjusted, the heat was a real problem. However, there was/is an element I can control.

The plague of fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome at still in place. I cannot control these conditions. However, there is one element I can control--diabetes.

After I went to the doctor and he found no uti, I started wondering what was the problem. Diabetes was the answer. And, I can do something about diabetes--control my food intake. Usually, I keep chicken in the refrigerator and occasionally pull off a piece and eat it--no plate, no fork, no sitting down. But, I had not cooked chicken. Before that, I would take a plastic spoon and dip a spoonful of pb and eat that.

Saturday was the first day in weeks that I did not fade away in a deep and long sleep. Along with the sleepiness, my vision was distorted. Plus, my eyes seemed gooey always. On Saturday I did not try to control carbs, I upped my protein and fat.

Don't get me wrong, I still fade away due to fibro and cfs. Surprisingly, I can tell if it is diabetes or my conditions.

One day, I bought expensive turkey jerky in the store to help me. It worked! It was great  not to succumb to that sinking feeling.  But, I need another solution.

Usually, I don't eat peanut butter many times a day. Once a day is about all I want to eat it. I don't get bored with pb or sick of it, I don't want to eat that much of a fattening food.


And, there are spells when I don't have chicken in the refrigerator. Or, I am in the car with nothing but suckers from the bank. So, I am trying to figure out what to eat instead. Well, I may have something in the car but not a protein-rich snack. I don't need meal ideas.

I turned to cheese. I love cheese, but I can eat an 8 oz. chunk in one day. But, I don't need so much of that, either! It seems like eating baked chicken is my best bet. I keep boiled eggs to eat, too. I love those.

Right now, I am looking forward to a second day in a row when I am not feeling comatose. I still need to rest, but it won't be because of my blood sugar rising so precipitously.

Exercise would help, but my back is against that, even walking farther than car to house. I do lift soup cans. But, that leads to needing to wear my brace!

Do all you can not to develop diabetes!!!

My only plan is to eat cheese, pb, and an egg once a day for control. I may eat an egg at breakfast and one for control.  I won't continue to eat pb all day, or cheese all day, or boiled eggs all day, just mix it up. It is too bad chocolate is not something to help me control diabetes.


14 comments:

  1. I know this is FAR from a healthy snack, but my diabetic sister found that a can of Vienna Wieners in the car was helpful. They didn't spoil, melt, whatever in the heat and weren't expensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angie,
      I do love them! I will keep one or two and see how it works for me. Funny!

      Delete
  2. I have a friend that carries a can of Vienna also, he is in Alabama and travels to Georgia. Been a diabetic for years.Daddy is a diabetic, 30 yrs plus and was just started taking shots at age 92. They have him riding a exercise bike that he sits in a chair to do as he has bad knees. You can sit and march your feet. I have a horrible back, CF and Fibro on top of my Cerebral palsy. AND yes I pay attention to my sugar numbers as diabetes runs strong in the family

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Che Orange,
      I thought of getting one of those bike pedal things for the exercise. Well, I suppose I can be grateful I do not have CP. I will get the Vienna Sausage.

      Delete
  3. Keep some walnuts on hand for times like that too. I don't know if you've read Dr. Fuhrman's book, "The End to Diabetes". I read it, followed the plan, and my A1C went down to 5.7. Now it is a vegan plan, so you may not want that. I'm not currently following it since I am eating meat right now, but it did help me to reverse my diabetes when I followed its. Either way he suggests eating 4 walnuts with breakfast for everyone with diabetes. Not sure that helps or not, but I wish you the best in fighting your diabetes. And, I hope you have a great Sunday! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      I have pecans. No vegan for me. Thanks. I may read that book.

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad you figured it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,\Me to! I am sick and tired of being sick and tired.

      Delete
  5. Yes you need to avoid sugary carbs and concentrate on proteins.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The latest approach to the management of DM is not the meals/insulin but intermittent fasting to lower the glucose; check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you figured it out too. Do you like beans? Maybe a little bowl of beans would be good, some protein and little fiber good for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love beans, but I don't usually cook them in the summer even though I am dying for some blackeyed peas with tomatoes and cole slaw.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...