Saturday, July 20, 2019

Grilled Squash Fans--Recipe




Remember this?

I am not sure if this link directly below will get you to my blog post.
https://practical-parsimony.blogspot.com/search/label/squash
or, copy and paste

Don't worry! Here is the recipe:+ I know how to post a link, but this is not working. On the next three links, just click and get nothing but a white page with the link among an error message. Sorry.

https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/grilled-squash-fans

http://grilled squash fans/

https://www.thedailymeal.com/recipes/grilled-squash-fans-1-recipe



I shop carefully for the right size and shape squash. I also make sure the tomatoes are Roma and the right size. And, I have sometimes put these in the oven rather than on the grill. if you are picking vegetables from your garden, use the sizes and shapes you grow. These are prettier and better if the squash are smaller. Be careful not to cut the squash too far into the neck or the squash will split.

Adding two things--The color of the picture copied from my blog is not as vivid as on my old blog. And, if you try this recipe, will you respond here or email me at pparsimony@yahoo.com and tell me how it turned out, if you like it, and how it was received by others. Thanks.


6 comments:

  1. That looks so good! I microwaved a summer squash the other day with a chopped up onion as a side dish for dinner. It was so good. Vegetables are just so light and refreshing at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. +Belinda,\I never thought to microwave squash and onions. I did cook a whole pot full and put it in the refrigerator. I love vegetables.

      Delete
  2. I have an abundance of squash right now. I try and pick them small for better flavor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      The skins get tough when they are larger. I always buy them small from the Farmer's Market. I bought squash the other day Today, I found a squash in the car that fell out of the bag. I am glad it did not go bad in the car.











































































































































































































































      Delete
  3. I thought of you today as I chopped squash and tomatoes for my soup.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...