Friday, July 19, 2019

New Shoes

The last time I bought shoes was in 2006. My favorite brand of sandals was being discontinued and were on sale. So, I bought eight pair. Tommy knew I bought three pair but I kept the others a secret. Oh, I eventually told him. It all puzzled him, but it was my money. Over the years I got out one pair after another. Now, the last pair looks really scuzzy. AND, I found out they were flat, hurting my feet.

J, the meth addict, gave me two pair of leather sandals. One pair is soooo comfortable. The other pair is comfortable except for hurting my big toe. Both pair are light colored and are starting to look less than nice.

Since I sold something, I splurged on two pair of SAS sandals. I had heard these were pricey, comfortable, and long lasting.  They are pricey and oh, so comfortable. We will see about the durability.

I found a pair that I wanted in black, so I ordered those. They will be here in August when I can afford them. They will be my everyday pair. The others look dressy, one black and one white. My feet don't hurt.

My feet suffer without good shoes. Now, I have to find a closed pair for winter.

I have become shabby looking. When I feel so sick, I just don't care. When I do care and feel bad, I do not even feel like doing anything about it, shopping anywhere.

Today, there were about ten parking spaces in front of the store and on the block on the highway that runs through town. I knew that was a sign I should shop...lol.

The traffic was terrible today. I could not figure out why. I was driving on the two highways that cross in this town. And, it is Friday. But, still....I finally figured it out. The woman gave me the total on the two pair of shoes. I asked how much it was with tax. She reminded me it was "not tax" for back-to-school-no-tax weekend. Good deal for me.

EDIT: I forgot to say that I immediately took my shoes to the shoe shop and had tap-like plastic pieces put on the heels so I won't wear the heels off so soon.

So many people tell me they wear PayLess Shoes. I cannot. Do you have to spend more for shoes? Are you the lucky who can wear anything without pain?

Have you worn SAS? What is your opinion of them?

11 comments:

  1. Many years ago I used to buy Payless shoes, but then for long time I couldn't find any that were comfortable for me.

    For several years I have been buying one pair a year of Easy Spirit Motion shoes. They fit me perfectly, and I can order them on line. In the past 3 years I have been noticing that they don't have enough texture on the tread for my now arthritic legs. Even wet pavement is slippery to me when I wear them.

    I just had my knee replacement done 11 days ago today, and am still in a whole lot of discomfort, so it will be quite a while until I go anywhere but to the doctor's office to have the stitches removed or to a physical therapy place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. usie,
      you probably don't need to get new shoes until your knee and foot and gait is "normal."

      Delete
  2. I have narrow feet, so have pretty much always had to buy more expensive shoes to get them in my width. Hence, I don't buy too many shoes! I absolutely used to hate shopping for school shoes when I was a kid. The only store that carried narrows was Nordstrom and as a kid, there wasn't much choice in narrow styles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My feet are like the Princess and the Pea. They are picky. My feet are not narrow or wide, but today, wide was all they had in one shoe and it fit.

      Delete
  3. I swear by SAS and mainly love the relaxed style in multiple colors. Worth ever penny of the 160 I paid. They last long. At some point you may want to get the elastic strap tightened in the heel far down the road.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb,
      "Multiple colors"? They only had black, brown, and a couple of white. I wanted something red or pink, maybe yellow. I will have to look online. Thanks.

      Delete
  4. I like SAS shoes. I've been wearing them for years. They never wear out. If you get your first pair fitted in a shoe store, you can then order more in a better color choice online. They are expensive as you know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of that, buying once I found my size from the internet. They are too expensive for me to buy often.

      Delete
  5. I can't recall when I last bought shoes; I suppose it was many years ago. I have not heard of SAS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      They do have men's shoes. But, they are carried in few stores.

      Delete
  6. I wore SAS for work (nursing) for several years before switching to Birkenstocks. Birks are by far my favorite. I wear them summer and winter.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...