Thursday, July 18, 2019

BOGO and The Price of Celery

Special K Breakfast Cereal Red Berries, 16.9 ozSpecial K Breakfast Cereal Red Berries, 16.9 ozSpecial K Breakfast Cereal Red Berries, 11.2 oz

Special K Breakfast Cereal Red Berries, 16.9 ozSpecial K Breakfast Cereal Red Berries, 16.9 ozFor a while Wednesday, I thought a nap was going to win. But, after going to pharmacy, the feeling passed. I still need to wash the dishes before they become unmanageable.

Yesterday, I left off one of my BOGOs.

Kellogg's Special K Red Berries were bogo. I got two.

Today, I washed  a dish and my hair. That took the wind out of my sails. I thought I had another uti and went to the doctor.

My A1C was 6.8. My blood sugar was 214, so I know why I felt so ill. My blood pressure was 170/73. I was annoyed because I had struggled to walk down a long hall, was weighed and immediately had the cuff put on while she swiped this thermometer thing over my forehead and hooked the oxygen thing on my finger. When my bp was so high, I told her I was supposed to sit for five minutes and not talk or have other things done to me while the cuff worked. She has a bp cuff that she tightens and it does its thing while she is annoying me with other stuff and questions me.

How does she annoy me? Taking the bp wrong!

I asked her to take it again in a few  minutes. She agreed. My bp was 120/63. Much better. Do you ever have bp taken amid a flurry of other activity and talking and questioning? Do they think we do not know how bp should be taken?

I went to Publix to get their ad and a Weekend paper.

Celery was $1.29 at Publix. Can you believe that? I will make tuna salad and potato salad and freeze the rest as it is gold right now.

I went to another store and got chicken and cheese. Neither were on sale or even a particularly good price.

What is the price of celery where you shop? It was $3.99 at some stores and $4.99 at others here.

10 comments:

  1. I'm gasping at your price for celery! I bought a root on Wednesday in Lidl (UK) - it cost me 50p! Celery is one of our cheapest vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am gasping at the $4.99 bunches of celery. I am okay with $1.29. Maybe in your country you don't eat a lot of celery. It is in demand here. I hear the rains in CA caused crop failure. Thanks for the perspective.

      Delete
    2. I would say we eat quite a bit of celery. I certainly do my bit to keep the growers in business!

      Delete
    3. Frugally, I see. I cannot stand to bite into a stalk of celery. But, I like it finely diced in potato salad and tuna salad. I sometimes put large pieces in with meat so I can pick it out. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. It is finally down to .99 a bunch here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really good, lower than our usual low prices. Maybe the price will drop more here soon. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. I have not priced the celery lately, but I read that it was really expensive right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, celery here in the UK is reasonably priced.
    It goes so well in casseroles, salads, used for dips or just if you fancy a crunch.

    Just keep your eye open for any good deals that may be available.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it more for flavoring. The Cajun Holy Trinity is my favorite way of adding flavor--celery, bell pepper, onions.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...