Thursday, September 19, 2019

First Shopping Trip

We have gone out for this and that since I came here, buying more or less on some trips or just one thing. Today, we set out deliberately for a few things. Between the two of us, we spent $100 today. He did not know what we were buying. Before, I would tell him I needed to go buy panties or whatever and we got other needed things.

Today, I got Glad Wrap, cooking bags, two soft soaps, and stuff like that. Zucchini was at the top of my list. They must have weighed five pounds each, so I left them behind. Piggly Wiggly had two nice-sized ones, but one was starting. to shrivel at one end. The produce manager reduced both to $0.99 for the two, still a bargain. The man is deficient in so many things around here. I had him buy the kind of tp that does not come off in pieces of fuzz and lint. He buys the cheapest stuff he can find. He will still use that.

The only food I bought was zucchini, onion and tomatoes.

When I want to salt anything, I have to walk from the kitchen to the other side of the recliner in the living room, get the salt shaker, take it to the kitchen and use it, and then bring it right back. But, I don't blame him for keeping it there. I am quite sure single people with disabilities keep the salt next to where they eat. Mine rarely the stove or the cabinet next to the stove.

I had no coupons and found no specials or reduced items except for the zucchini. I have to work on that.

Tonight, I am finally cooking the thighs with onion and garlic. In a few minutes, I will put on the zucchini with garlic and heat the sweet potato for Tommy and call it dinner. The thighs will be frozen two to a bag with BBQ sauce on some. Rats! I forgot to put the dying red pepper (Bell type) in with the chicken.

It looks like high 80s and low 90s is our forecast for the next week. Personally, I cannot tell much difference from the high 90s. I love there is no rain forecast.

Someone rolled a yard nearby, and there is tp all over Tommy's yard up against his fence. I picked up trash one day--milk bottle cap, and junk like that. I suppose it flew off the garbage truck. Even though I am pretty sure the tp is clean, I will still use a plastic bag to pick it up. The whole neighborhood is littered. This event made the local news. An elderly lady thought it was foolish to make a fuss. YES!

sigh...sigh...sigh

About ten minutes before dinner was ready, Tommy went off to the kitchen pushing his rollator. He was going to eat a pb sandwich and an apple for dinner. So, dinner sits on the stove until I freeze all the chicken thighs. He does not want dinner at 5 or so, just around 7 pm. I was ten minutes late. He is so insulting and a pain. I was ten minutes late with his dinner, so he just ate something else. We will have a discussion, more like a come to Jesus meeting. I could barely stand and he knew how bad I was hurting!

I feel insulted. Am I right?





13 comments:

  1. The food ads here this week were not good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      I am glad to know that. However, I should have remembered ads are not stellar at the end of the month.

      Delete
  2. Yes, you are right to feel insulted, but as my mamma always said, you must "consider the source." He certainly seems oblivious to anyone's feelings or needs but his own -- but would you really expect him to be otherwise when you think about his circumstances?

    Put me down as a definite maybe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He said he thought it was going to be an hour until dinner!

      Delete
    2. Sounds like my Hubby. I have started telling him when I start fixing the meal and when it will be done .... adding about 15 mins and then do updates. I don't mind it if he eats later but I eat at 5 to 5:30 . He can reheat or eat room temp.

      Delete
    3. Chef,
      I calmly asked him why he just had a sandwich when dinner was almost done. He sincerely said he thought I told him to get a sandwich. What I said was that I was having a sandwich, that he could have one, too. This is after I had told him his dinner was almost done. I was not eating chicken thighs or the nasty sweet potatoes. I truly think he misunderstood, but he sometimes does not listen to me. Tonight, I asked him what time he wanted to eat. Since it is all reheated last night's dinner, I don't care if he wants to eat at 7:30 or 8 that he told me. But, I do not want to be eating that time every night. We will discuss that later. I may have to go the reheat-it-yourself route.

      Delete
  3. I'd be grateful he's housing you and learn to roll with the rest of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What men hear and what we actually say are two different things. He needs a good smack in the chops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tewshooz,
      He is the world's worst at listening to me. Thank you.

      Delete
  5. I do enjoy chicken thighs, regularly on the menu in our house!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let the little aggravations slide, he is giving you a gift.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...