Wednesday, September 18, 2019

TMI and Free Stuff/ Small Economy

Yes, I know this and hope someone has a little insight. Since my stomach does not empty as it should, I have been told to eat a low residue/low fiber diet. So, there go the apples with skins, sweet potatoes and regular potato skins, and a lot of other things--nuts, seeds, good things for me.

Just as the diarrhea was horrific, the opposite is worse. I have had two bottles of calcium citrate and Sprite, plus a gallon of water with not solid results! I cannot walk or exercise, so I sit on Tommy's rollator seat and march 50 steps per session. At first, it helped. Now, there is just pain.

I think I may end up in ER if this continues.

END OF TMI

I went to bed for a nap on Tuesday instead of cooking the chicken, but it is in the refrigerator thawing. I hate both the sweet potatoes, so Tommy gets those. That will work with the chicken. Plus, I have lettuce and tomato.

After I had been here about three days, I asked Tommy where his refrigerator crispers were--under the table. Why did you take them out?--I don't know. How long have they been out?--about 3 years. ??? One day, I will wash them and put them back in. They don't appear to be filthy or anything.

The guy wheels out the food at the food bank and loads it into the vehicle. We decided to never bring in what we do not want, to donate it to someone who might need it and like what we don't need or like. We also received a loaf of bread and pita sandwich things. And, i got a white towel and hand towel. The towel was not the cheapest, but not expensive. The hand towel had a "Hilton" tag and said guest on the tag. Right now, I can use these kind of things--small economies.

We stopped by the Farmer's Market, but there was nothing I wanted. I am still waiting for one guy's second tomato crop. There weren't many vendors there today. I almost bought two fried pies, but knew we were getting sweets from two places. The food bank thankfully gave us only one sweet--a package of four muffins, two banana and two chocolate chip. Since Tommy cannot abide bananas, I ate those even though chocolate is my favorite.

At CVS they have some sort of wellness thing going on. At the front of the store is a bin with the tiny packages of Kleenex and masks. Evert time I go in, I get one of each. So far, I have four masks and four packages of Kleenex. This is an instance of small economy.

9 comments:

  1. Have you been checked for Crohn's? My digestive system takes 4 days ...yes it's been proven... four days to pass food from mouth to toilet. I do also get the back door trots regularly, my girlfriend gets constipated. I don't eat peels of apples, potatoes, sweet potatoes or cucumbers (unless they are pickled) Cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage can cause problems at time along with corn... I eat maybe 2 tablespoons and wait to see. Don't go too low residue or you will have living in the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chef,
    The diarrhea continually was from the metformin. however, all my life has been a back and forth with both. My stomach does not empty like it should is why no apple peels and such. Right now, I live in the bathroom with NO results. Thanks, I will mention this to new gastroenterologist. I am giving up on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I listen to people's problems all day long; there is no TMI in my view.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you will be able to get your stomach problems straightened out soon.

    Oh that Metformin. It was awful stuff for me. I was in the bathroom so much that I ended up with spasms in my lower back from it. I went to the doctor with bad a back spasm that was causing the muscle to make a large knot like a charlie horse on one side of my lower back. It scared me. I didn't know what the big tight lump area was. I told the doctor what the metformin had been doing to me and she took me off of the metformin. She said the big lump was a muscle in my lower back. I went off of the metformin and on to some muscle relaxers, and the crazy amount of trips to the bathroom stopped and the charlie horse in my back went away within less than 24 hours. I wouldn't go near that stuff ever again. TMI from me, but people need to be warned about just how much of a problem that medication can be for some people.

    I have chicken in the freezer waiting until we have a day that is less than 90 degrees. The last day that was only going to be in the 80's, I forgot to take the chicken out of the freezer to thaw. I am looking forward to fall because I am missing roast chicken, and all of the other good meals I cook in the oven in cooler weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susie,
      My problem with the metformin was the dehydration, and not even getting to the bathroom on time. That knot in the muscle sounds horrible.

      Today and yesterday were 100 and 99. I think tomorrow will in high 80s. I wish I still had my crockpot. I would not mind if it stayed hot year round...lol.

      Delete
  5. Freebies are always good no matter one's income but there is such a thing as penny wise and pound foolish. (It's something my mother used to say; I'm not trying to incur your wrath! LOL).
    My own personal example is that I was driving 10 miles to get coffe pods that were a dollar cheaper at Ollie's ("Good Stuff Cheap") than at the local Kroger until I realized that I was spending more on gasoline than I was saving, so I stopped doing that.

    Mrs. RWP dealt successfully with constipation in the following way. A Kroger cheaper version of the stool softener Colace in the morning plus four prunes every afternoon. After just a few days she was regular again. Also TMI but I am a blabbermouth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. rhymes,
      I was in CVS, not a special trip. This special was for a month. So, no special trips.

      I KNOW how to become more regular, but cannot have prunes and stuff/fiber to take care of it. I have prunes and love them. I won't tell her you told me.

      Delete
  6. I was sorry to read that you have gastroparesis.

    I have replied to you here

    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/2019/09/diabetes-news-small-cuts-to.html

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...