Sunday, September 8, 2019

Sunday and Thyroid

Every Sunday, I have Tommy wake e at 8 am. I get up a,nd eat, get on the computer for a few minutes. At 9 am, I get busy and get ready. We leave at 9:30. I am beat by the time it is over. Today, he suggested we get BK, two Whopper Jrs, and fries. We ate it at home with water.

By 2:30 I needed a nap and slept until 5 pm. That was refreshing. Now, about 10:30 I am sleepy.

There is a game night where the church group who comes plays Bingo. Since I have nothing like a white elephant item, Tommy said he would find two. I gave him an Auburn picture which I noticed is not on the walls, so I suggested that. LOL He was afraid to agree, but finally realized I was okay with it. The only other thing I see is a can of Beef Stew with 2020 date. ??? He hates games, but I do. k
This afternoon, I took a blueberry muffin mix and put real blueberries, lots of them in the mix. I guessed what 1/2 cup of milk would be, just dumped in the blueberries. I put a piece of foil over a pot to made a "Muffin tin," I forgot what temp to use in the oven and the trash can was too far away and I would have had to bend over. And forgot to time it. What else could I have done wrong? And, it was great. Tommy was happy.

Monday, Tommy has an early dental appointment, so I am going to drive my car for the first time since I got here. I am going to spray closets and bedrooms for silverfish! They ate his kilt.

Last week's inquiries will continue this week. I have new avenues to pursue.

Remember the 14 or 16 vials of blood drawn for three doctors? At the endocrinologist last week, he read off numbers and said as my numbers on hypothyroidism were so low/high that I should be taking 267 mg of levothyroxine, but that he would not do that. So, I have a 88 mg dose that I hope turns around some of my symptoms. When will my eyebrows return to normal? When will my skin not be so rough? When will everything be normal? He will test me again in four months. sigh. After Kim's comment that her eyelashes disappeared, I check mine....lol.

We are still trying to clean out his shower drain that is confused about what "drain" entails. I m afraid it will take a plumber at the rate it is clearing out.
We?" I am just the cheerleader and advisor now.

Now, what is wrong with blog!?


11 comments:

  1. I wonder why your doctor is keeping you on that 88 mg dose of levothyroxine. I have to be really careful to take my Synthroid at least a half hour before my first meal of the day, and my first meal can no longer be Glucerna, which I used to like for breakfast. I discovered it was blocking my Synthroid action. I suppose due to some vitamins or minerals that are in it. My thyroid medicine has to be adjusted every year or so it seems. Right now I take 200 mg of Synthroid.


    I will be taking thyroid medicine for the rest of my life. I had Graves Disease several years ago and they had to do Radioactive Iodine ablation on my thyroid gland. I had lost lost more than 90 lbs. I was fat when I developed the Graves Disease. I had no idea I had something wrong with me. I thought I was finally having success dieting!! But then I suddenly got to a point where there were very few foods that I could swallow. I went to the doctor and it turned out that my thyroid gland was three times the size it should have been. That was what my swallowing problem was. Unfortunately, I gained back those 90 lbs.(+) as my thyroid levels normalized. My eyebrows at the outer ends never did grow back in.

    I hope your doctor can get your thyroid levels normalized. I am sure you will feel so much better when they are.

    May everything go smoothly for you this week. Take care.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susie,
      I was not taking the levo prescribed because of all the rules, like wait an hour after eating to take it. I had three pills where this was the rule. It was not working out that there was a time that doctors approved. Poor excuse. Then, there was the diarrhea five or six times a week, so many things happening.

      I thought I had a sore throat that was swollen so that a well-chewed, soft banana was having trouble going down. No, it was a growth behind my thyroid. I insisted on eating right after surgery. A nurse stayed with me while I ate, saying I was going to choke because of swelling from surgery. I could swallow more easily after surgery than before. I would love to lose 90 pounds! Bummer about the eyebrows not coming back.

      Felling better would help me to handle things better, I think. Thanks.

      Delete
    2. Oops! I meant to say 200 mcg . Scheduling taking my thyroid med is a problem too. Mine is supposed to be taken on an empty stomach at least 1/2 hour before eating anything. Mine does better if I wait an hour. If I wait longer than one hour, I get a bit of an upset stomach. I have never had thyroid medicine that was prescribed to be taken after meals. Mine have always been on an empty stomach, like at least 4 - 6 hours after eating any food on an empty stomach. It would be awful hard for me to manage taking my Synthroid medicine more than one time a day.
      I have eyebrows that are 3/4 of what they used to be. Luckily it was just the outside ends that disappeared and not the whole eyebrow. I just have to pencil on the ends of them.

      Take care.

      Delete
    3. Susie,
      I was not told to wait an hour after eating. I was told to take it an hour after another pill that could not be taken before eating. That meant I had to take one pill upon waking, the levo an hour after that, and had to wait another hour to take another kind of pill. So, that meant three hours of no food which is not conducive to working or going out because I was shaky from no food. I misspoke.

      Delete
  2. Nothing wrong with your blog. Following your adventures almost daily. Fingers crossed that your luck changes for the better. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      Thank you so much. I always enjoy your commenting.

      Delete
    2. Linda you’ve taught me a lot about cheerfulness in adversity.
      • One day at a time...
      • Nothing lasts...
      Two mantras that have always helped me. x

      Delete
    3. Anne,
      Brew, I have to put one foot in front of another, no matter what happens. My adversity helps me to learn who really knows how to be a friend. People who announce they will never read or follow my blog again are not friend material. I talked to a minister who never even said he was sorry for my misfortune. He just walked away and told me to go elsewhere. All I wanted was men and trucks to remove my yard furniture about two miles.

      Delete
    4. Being kind and grateful to others Linda. Constant complaining and criticizing others on how they don't serve you is not a fun thing to read.

      Delete
  3. I have Sjogren's syndrome, but my eyelashes and eyebrows grew back.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...