Tuesday, October 29, 2019

A Victory, Smart Source

The Foundry donation truck just left with lots of donation. He let go: 4.5 foot wide projection tv from dining room, speakers; small tv; 2 gal plastic cooler/jug with spigot; some sort of electronic device that he thinks plays cds; computer, tower, speakers, keyboard; metal, rusted tv tray tables; two chairs; box of stuff he filled himself when I was not present. There may be more I cannot remember.

I wanted him to get rid of the computer desk. He refused. It is made of pressed board and sat in my basement until it was green with mold. I asked him to take it to the road one day knowing someone would get it even though the garbage would probably not take it. So, it sits in the room where I sleep. The top sags so I imagine it will fall further one day! wink

He wanted to donate the cpap and was a little irritated I did not give it to them. Well, he wanted it in the trash 3 days ago. Plus, I cannot get to it or unplug it. AND, it is covered with dust I do not want on my bed.

Since he told me the first day or second to not get into things, I just stack things I buy in the kitchen on top of things, including the TV in there, just stored.

He really cannot get some of these out, but he could years ago by asking friends that he had helped.

I really would have liked to have one of those TV trays, but I did not desire to interrupt the peace and explain while the men stood and waited to go to the road. I am quite sure Tommy would have objected.

I could not sleep last night and took a Benadryl. I hate to take it. So, I didn't wake until 12:30 pm. He had full-blown blood sugar drop and was not coherent and kept telling me he had just eaten. Yes, he had. But, this is unusual for him to eat cereal for lunch. Okay, now we are arguing about that. He says now he had cereal for breakfast and peanut butter on pita bread for breakfast. sigh

For weeks I asked what the pink plastic bag in the driveway contained. He said, disgusted, "Oh, just ads." So, I never walked to get the bag. His driveway has a slight slope that is hard for me.
That pink bag has grocery ads! Smart Source newspaper inert is also in the bag!

This is not just a victory to me but for him, too.

He has an orange 6 gallon bucket sitting by the commode in order to have somewhere to put a plunger. He did have two buckets there with all sorts of things. I would have liked to have a waste basket in the other bucket, but I didn't want to ask for it, because the plumber was carrying it out quickly because I said to the plumber that I did not understand all that stuff and wanted Tommy to get rid of it. I make sure everyone knows this is not my house and I just got here. I am going to find an ice cream lid or $1 item from Dollar Tree to replace the orange bucket. I will put it in the utility room.

I forgot to look in his other bedroom for stuff to give away. But, much of that is boxes I asked him to bring here years ago. I need to go through those.

Things in my house were in use or usable. When I got a new tv, I got rid of the old one. I did not use the heater in summer, things like that stayed out. I did move it to another room, but moving it was too hard the last two years.

He has a tiny stick-type vacuum with no bag or filter. Using it will just stir up dirt. So, I have no idea what I will do with the dirt and dust left behind. He will buy a projection TV but a cheap vacuum. ???

There were three guys from the Foundry. One drove and was in my bedroom getting the computer stuff. I told Tommy to go and get my two prescription bottle offs the table. As he left, the guy unhooking the computer said, "Yes, those guys are in rehab." Whew! He understood. He was not in rehab, an office worker. We waited all day for this pickup. Fortunately, we did not want to get out today.

After the news, I needed to go shopping to the tune of $54. When we got home, I could barely stand, did fall down trying to get groceries in that he demanded I get up and carry. THEN, he stood in the doorway, fussing at me in a loud voice. he enjoys public displays of argumentation. I hate it. When I told him to come in to argue, he cursed and said it was what he wanted to do. I tried to explain my hands were shaking, but he said I had to get the groceries. Well, he had the bags in his hands and the cart on his walker had one little thing in it.

4 comments:

  1. Stay strong Linda, your blog is read and your irritations are understood. You have found positivity in your situation and have shown great strength of character. Is there any progress in your possible rehousing? You sound a very independent person and I guess would love to be in charge of your own life completely while still helping T on your own terms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne Brew,
      Thanks for the kind words of support. I have been ill almost every day I have been here. The days I am well have been catching up days. Then, I become ill again. So, no progress except discussing things. I just wish he would take better care of his low blood sugar. The stress of that really wears on me.

      Delete
  2. Do you think it’s all the dust in the house that is making you sick? I know at our house when it gets dusty everyone is coughing more. We took out our carpet in the bedrooms to help out. Just a thought since you said you have asthma and allergies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dust won't give me a uti. But, I am sure it affects my sinuses. He has horrible sinus problems, too! But, you cannot convince him of that. He says he has always had sinus problems. Well, he has been smoking for over forty years.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...