Monday, October 28, 2019

Kudzu and

Sunday night, I slept little as I was drinking water, going to bathroom, and then I was wide awake, drank more water, went to bathroom...on and on. The cortisone made my blood sugar rise. I am not sure if I just got it down or also prevented it from rising. I had to take a nap on Sunday, but slept little. So, Sunday night, I slept like a rock once I slept. Then, about two later at 9 am Monday, I took a nap with melatonin.

I scheduled a Foundry pickup. I thought it was today, but it is tomorrow. I convinced Tommy to let me call him. He has a 50+ inch projection tv, whatever that is and his old computer, the fat kind, and all that goes with that. I will broach the subject of donating the broken desk chair, the computer table, and another broken chair, all in this one bedroom I sleep in. Foundry is a mission that helps men and women in addiction. I just hope they do not reject all this stuff.

I asked him what he wanted to do with his cpap machine, throw it out or donate it. He was throw it out! He has not used it in 12 years or more. I can hear him from the other end of the house, snoring and gasping all night long. The table it is no next to my bed holds the cpap. The table has wicker on the top and cannot be easily cleaned. He is not angry at me for all this. He did get ticked off when he thought I threw away his coat hanger.

The rest of the day, I intend to scour the house for other things. We had a huge argument with him denigrating me for trying to give away his good desk chair, the one he took from my house because I was falling as the chair failed. Just now, he said it was the worse of his two chairs. Yes, we have these awful altercations when he is slipping into low blood sugar. I told him how he argued, and he just turned away, back to tv.

I am running a fever. Since I lost the thermometer in the house, it will be a long time before I get another. Right now, I feel like a furnace. Soon, I will be freezing. The ac is on but gives me no relief. Tommy has never owned a thermometer! I doubt will even price one since I have no money and a big dental bill coming up.

There was a weed with a pretty flower trying to get in one of the crawl space vents. He said it is kudzu, that it is all over the neighbor in small clumps. I read in a horticultural magazine that they experimented on a patch of kudzu. After 20 years the kudzu remained despite all measures take to eradicate it.

I forgot what the other thing I wanted to say was!













17 comments:

  1. Sorry you’re not feeling well. Hope your health improves quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Breenlantern,
      I am feeling a bit better. Thanks. I hope so.

      Delete
  2. I've had good experiences with the digital thermometers from Dollar Tree stores.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen Kudzu; I am curious to see some as it sounds like worse than dandelions at taking over everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ur-spo,
      It covers tall buildings and whole tall trees. The whole landscape for acres can be covered by kudzu. You should see it. Google it.

      Delete
  4. Hi Linda :) It's so great to read that you're in a safe place with an albeit sometimes crabby person :) You got this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diana,
      Safe and with a crabby person is right! Thanks.

      Delete
  5. didn't you live in a house of poor repair with garbage that needed to be hauled out and dishes unwashed for a year? why an urge to clear and manage his house? I could understand he's quite frustrated by that as helpful as you are trying to be

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wondering if you got rid of a lot. I don't care for clutter and broken stuff sitting around and sounds like you don't either. Hope they took alot of it for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann,
      We are sitting waiting and not talking. His blood sugar was dropping and he gets abusive and argumentative.

      Delete
  7. I am sorry to read that you had a fever. I hope you are feeling better, now. Are you able to take anything like Tylenol for a fever or do you let it run its course? I usually take Tylenol when I have a fever to bring it down; my daughter believes that a fever is the body's own way of fighting off an infection and doesn't like to take anything to bring it down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless,
      Medical articles say that the body is working to rid itself of infection. I take nothing. So, I let my body work. I do not own a fever reducing med. Thanks.

      Delete
  8. Kudzu is edible, as long as it hasn't been sprayed with weed killer or anything. Leaves, flowers and roots (all but the viney part).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. chipmunk,
      The guy who mows his yard as a favor sprays stuff with Roundup all the time. I will have to consider what to do. Tommy would not like me to ask him not to spray. I did get some kudzu jelly from a Farmer's Market. It was a delicate violet and had a delicate taste. Thanks.

      Delete
  9. I had to look up Kudzu, and it made for interesting reading.

    A snippet from the article I will leave a link for:-
    "Kudzu is a vine. Under the right growing conditions, it spreads easily, covering virtually everything that doesn’t move out of its path. Kudzu was introduced in North America in 1876 in the southeastern U.S. to prevent soil erosion. But kudzu spread quickly and overtook farms and buildings, leading some to call to kudzu "the vine that ate the South.”

    "Kudzu’s root, flower, and leaf are used to make medicine."

    lots more to read here
    https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-750/kudzu

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am continually amazed how many acres it can cover.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...