Thursday, October 31, 2019

Onward to Thanksgiving

There was not much going on for Halloween. Tommy ate all the candy corn! We got candy in little bags at a church dinner. I am certainly not missing anything tonight since I am so ill. I think this is going into my lungs! The day I get through with this medicine, I am going back to the doctor if I am not 100% better. This feels like walking pneumonia.

Cooking anything for Thanksgiving will involve buying cooking utensils. There is nothing here, not even a measuring cup or a bowl for mixing. I need to make a list and see if I feel well enough to stagger into a thrift store. It is usually easy to shop for things like measuring spoons because they are in open containers. I will see.

Hopefully, I can find on sale all the foods I had in my stash, all ready for holiday cooking. Then, I have to figure out the recipes I had from Mama that I still enjoy. This still breaks my heart.

Okay, it IS cold now, in the 40s. I still don't have socks or closed shoes. I am wearing the light jacket over my nightgown. I am not cold when sleeping. I am not cold lying on the loveseat with a light, small throw over waist to legs.

Yesterday, I kept getting warmer in the afternoon. I thought my temp was rising. Finally, alarmed by the apparent state of my health, started discussing with Tommy the fact I was so hot and the furnace never cycled off. . Tommy said the heat would cycle off. He kept turning down the furnace thermostat, but it kept running. Finally, he turned the furnace off for about 10 hours. I have no idea what was going on nor does he.

There will be temps below freezing in the morning. That will not last long and will have no effect on us. Every day the heat will get a little higher until it is in 70s next Tuesday.

I think that Jimmy Kimmel's piece about parents telling children on video That the parent ate all the child's Halloween candy is very cruel. My children warned me not to eat their Halloween candy because they knew me well. Would your child that you had eaten all the Halloween candy for a joke? Have you seen this bit he does every year?

Since I have been here, I only bought a small package of chicken breasts. I am cooking all in his freezer instead of buying food so that I can put cheap turkey breasts in his freezer. I did buy two pork loins, one of which I will cook tomorrow.

Tonight, we had very spicy pork, gotten already cooked and from a food bank. So, pork, baked sweet potatoes, and Pict Sweet Crowder peas. Also, a halo.

Tomorrow, if it kills me, I am getting that dusty table and cpap machine cleaned. Both are behind the bed. Well, I am not cleaning the cpap, just dumping it in a plastic bag. That is my one goal. I cannot get behind the bed, so I will have to lie across it and work. The house looks so much more roomy with the projection television gone and all the other stuff in his room.

Someone is giving me a rollator like Tommy's. I will not use it often, but will at least have it. A guy at his church was donating it, so Tommy spoke up after I told him to claim it.

I want chocolate ice cream.

What is the weather like in your area?

8 comments:

  1. Our Halloween weather was HOT at 90's. The kids were sweating in their costumes and we were sweating too.

    Today, the weather cooled off a bit to the 70's and the humidity dropped to a comfortable level.

    I hope you accomplish your goal of getting behind the bed cleaned up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa,
    That is hot for Halloween. I think it was 70s here on Halloween. I did not sleep all night, so I picked up some things, but did not want to try and get the cpap out. I will!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry that I did not know anything that has been going on with you. With your change in blog link, it was not in my feed and I thought you just were no longer blogging. Your comment on my post made me dig through your profile to see your new blog link. Imagine me back reading what has happened to your home and I am overwhelmed for you. I wish you well and hope things improve and you get the resources you need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam,
      Thank you for your very kind remark amongst some not so kind ones I still receive. I am still overwhelmed. Things have to improve. I am working on it when I am not ill.

      Delete
  4. We had some snow and kids were dressed in very warm clothes here. We never get kids coming to our house because we are kind of far out. Take care and don't hesitate seeing your dr.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ann,
    I suppose NOT getting kids might seem like a blessing for some. But, it is a fun experience for all, imo. When I finish this med, it will be there. If I go in before the prescription is finished, it will not be helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jimmy Kimmel's prank on little kids being told that their parents ate all of their candy is not one bit funny to me. I think it is just mean. It gets to me when the little kids' faces just fall when their parents tell them. What kind of lemmings are people now days that they just do anything somebody suggests to them would be a funny joke. Stupid! I generally like Jimmy Kimmel, but not that ornery pranking at all.
    It was snowing here on Halloween morning, but was just damp, windy and freezing cold by evening when the kids were out.
    Today it was sunny and cool. It was good to see the sun. I am not a winter weather person at all.

    I hope you feel better very soon and will be able to find some warm clothes before it gets too cold.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susie,
    I am glad to know someone else thinks that Kimmel's joke is mean. The hurt on their faces touches me.

    I don't like winter weather at all. And, no warm clothing is a bummer.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...