Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Fun Day, Hard Day, I Did Not Win

Last night, Monday night, I did not color my hair. I washed it and went to bed with it wet. I had some interesting little kinks in it this morning. A few turns of a curling iron, and it was fine. The kinks combed out to be nice fluff. I got up at 7 am and managed to leave by 8:15.

We went to the Cullman Power Board Customer Appreciation Day or something like that. Since it started at 10 am, we arrived early enough to go get my PO mail, visit my lot, and go back to PO. My mailbox at the house was stuffed with mail. So, I had to address that issue at PO.

The people cooking burgers started at 10 am. So, we ate early. Then, we ate again about 1 pm and took another burger home. Actually, we had a bag lunch--cheeseburger, chips, and a sweet I have never had, sort of like uncooked chocolate oatmeal cookie. There was water to drink. Other years were soft drinks. The water was fine with us.

A Christian/Country singer was the entertainment. At intervals, door prizes were given out. I won nothing. One year, I won a 7.5 quart Crockpot. I cannot safely lift it empty, much less empty, so I have not used it yet.

Different agencies were represented. Each representative gave a short talk about the agency's role in social services.

TVA had a booth. I missed getting a canvas bag. I got two pens and two little measuring tapes. Bosom Buddies, a cancer support organization was present, selling t-shirts.

Pre-k and K students entertained us with songs with hand motions. They were very cute, a plus for the day.

Then, we went to Belk's where I returned three things and bought two more. One does not fit, so it will go back. I also replaced my mum that does not want to bloom. This time, I got a pink one in full bloom.

That was our day. Fun and interesting. Being outdoors was refreshing.

I wore a sleeveless outfit but eventually had to put on the light sweater I brought. The day was overcast. Before noon, the sun came out and the sky was bright blue and no clouds, plus the light breeze died down. I had to removed the sweater.

The drive home was uneventful except for the fact I could barely keep my eyes open.

When we arrived home, I put out my new mum, put the burgers in the refrigerator. I quickly changed to a nightgown and fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. That was about 4:30 and I awoke just before 8 pm.

The high today was 80F. People were rejoicing they were not melting like last year. On hot, humid days, I look as though something dumped water over my head. The sweat drips from my bangs and the ends of my hair. Hairspray does not help at all!

I did not win a door prize. A 55" TV was the grand prize.

The 90s are gone, I fear. But, I will not have to wear a sweater unless I sit out on an overcast day with a light breeze. Thankfully, the weather was by noon sunny and warmer. How was the weather in your neck of the woods?

4 comments:

  1. we are looking at our first frost on Sunday morning. Tomorrow will be near 80 then it's a down hill slide after that. Glad you were up to getting out of the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From 80 to a hard frost is a steep hill. I am paying for the sitting in the outdoors. My allergies punish me.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nawm,
      Ooops, I accidentally deleted your comment. Put it back please. I don't thin I can recover it. Sorry!

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...