Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Now, there is light!

Wednesday morning, I awoke about 10 am very tired, exhausted. I was back in the bed by 1 pm, feeling a little less exhausted. By now, 10 pm, the antibiotic and decongestant are working.

However, the vertigo is still a problem. Last week, I fell, or maybe I told about that. I did everything I could to overcome the dizziness. I almost hit the 50 inch TV then almost fell on Tommy in his recliner. I repeated that move tonight but recovered and did not fall.

Tonight, I felt like I could trust myself to replace the starter and fluorescent tube over the sink. I stood on a stool and had to use pliers to get the starter in correctly. Then, I put the bulb in wrong and corrected it. Thank goodness I have light. I washed the stainless steel sink several weeks ago, but it was filthy, not even halfway clean when I had light on it. ugh

Tommy has a new job. He dries the crockpot and the canner and lid. He very willingly does it.

When I first came here, he took all the dirty plates out of the refrigerator. He complained I used one skillet and did not wash it immediately. I told him I would wash all his dishes on the counter when I had light. I washed that skillet the next ay. Well, now I have light but a filthy sink. He uses dishpans, so that will work when I get one clean! He is not entirely lazy, just cannot manage lots of things. And, then they pile up!

I don't know what was said on Tuesday, but he said to someone, "We take care of each other." I almost cried. `

The yellow mum has no intention of blooming, so the store gave me another, saying I did not have to bring back the first. I chose pink in full bloom. Just now, Tommy took out the garbage and offered to water both mums. I took him up on that as I don't want to fall off the porch!

Tomorrow is the day I will make the taco casserole. I would do it tonight, but Tommy goes to bed by midnight.

The plastic containers from cottage cheese are disappearing daily. He has not noticed.

Today's high was 84F. I am getting a little panicky about not having a light coat and sweaters for everyday. The one I wore yesterday is not enough coverage. AND, I do not have scarves. Bare arms are better than bare neck and upper chest. I was once very ill and since then, my neck and chest need covering. I usually just wear a one layer nylon coat just to keep the wind off. Everything I have found has been too warm for my nature.

I am loving the Halloween decorations across the street. Do you have any Halloween decorations up? Do you love Halloween?

8 comments:

  1. Well then, get out & get yourself a light coat & a few sweaters! If you don't actually do something about it, you can't be all that worried about it, then, can you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susie Q,
      What the Hell? You are reading what you want. Did you not see the comment on no appropriate items found? I can barely walk from vertigo. Prices are too high, sizes wrong, acrylic abounds, lots of reasons I am not finding what I need. Yes, I am all that worried! I started to delete this comment of yours.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you are very good for Tommy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some days he would agree. Some days he thinks I am the devil...lol. Yes, I am good for him. Thanks

      Delete
  3. Do I love Halloween? Does the Pope wear a beanie?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you will soon be able to find a coat that will work for you. I have a big heavy wool/acrylic coat. Thank goodness the lining covers almost all of the wool and acrylic part inside, because wool and acrylic irritate my skin terribly. I save it for times when I want a more classic coat. My other coat is is a puffy, quilted smooth fabric coat like nylon. It is such light weight, warm, and smooth nonirritating fabric, but I look as big as a house in it. Neither of the coats have hoods, so I wear a scarf old-fashioned style folded in a triangle and tied at the neck. Cold wind blowing on my ears and sides of my neck will give me an earache every time.

    I have had the wool coat for 15 years or more and the other one for about 5 years. It would be expensive and aggravating to try and find replacements for them. I was lucky to have found those coats in catalogs, it's been so long ago that I wasn't using the computer for shopping yet with the wool one!

    It would be disastrous to lose so many of my things like you have. It would be awful to think of something you need and then realize that you no longer have that item. That must happen so many times a day to you.

    I hope that your vertigo will go away and that you will get to feeling better. When I get vertigo, it makes me sick to lay down. The room feels like it starts spinning around me, so I have to sleep in the chair sitting up until it goes away. I take a medicine called Bonine, that I get OTC from Walgreens. I keep some on hand at all times because my vertigo, and my husband's too, comes over us out of the blue.

    I used to enjoy Halloween when my kids were young, and then when my grandson was young enough that my daughter brought him back to her old neighborhood to trick or treat.

    When it is a warm Halloween, I like to pull a chair over to the door and take the screen out of the storm door and open its window, (and lock the storm door), and hand out candies to the little kids. When it gets later and the kids that are as tall as I am are out, not wearing any costumes, but holding out pillowcases for candy, I close the window in the storm door, turn off the lights, watch tv in the dark, and don't answer the door anymore.

    My knee is too sore to do any Halloween decorations outside this year, but I will do a little Halloween decorating inside, though. When the kids were at home I did quite a bit of Halloween decorating and it was fun. Apparently, my Halloween spirit is on the wane this year.

    Susie D (different Susie than the first commenter)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susie Q,
    I am glad to know you are a different Susie than the first commenter! When the kids were little, I just put pumpkins out for little criminals to smash. After two years of that, we bought the
    jack o lanterns inside.

    However, I was sewing up Halloween costumes like a fiend and making cupcakes like mad.

    If I had a heavy coat, I would wear it twice a winter and die in in. I need something one layer thick! It is just not so cold for me here in N. AL. I usually wear a sweater over sleeveless or short sleeves and then the one layer coat over that. When it is really cold, I wear a sleeveless or short-sleeved blouse or t shirt, then a sweat shirt and the one layer coat. That is to go to the store. Somewhere nice I wear just short sleeve, sweater, and maybe the one-layer coat.

    That is a good idea to remove the window and just hand things out through the door. Because my house would be dangerous to approach, I turned out all the lights and watched tv in the dark, too, and used a little flashlight to see what I needed.

    If you are like me the spirit is there, but the pain overrules it.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...