Friday, November 1, 2019

How Many Pairs of Scissors Do You Have?

How many pair of scissors do you have in your house?

Tommy has one pair. I had maybe 60. I had enough for 20 Christmas boxes. Remember I held craft camps at a civic center, too. So, there were many used scissors. I sent some to granddaughter.

I had a pair of Gingher sewing scissors and a pair of Singer sewing scissors. I lost the Singer scissors. After searching the house many times, even the freezer, all drawers, EVERYWHERE, I purchased a pair of Gingher. About ten years later, I got rid of my upholstered swivel rocker. When I felt down beside the cushion and down further, there were my Singer scissors.

I have three pair for the kitchen alone. One pair I only used on meat even though I washed it. The other two are from Harbor Freight. I offered one to Tommy, but he said he did not need scissors. Oh, Yes, HE DOES.

Before I purchased this new car, I had children's scissors in the console to cut coupons or whatever. I find scissors indispensable.

What do I do here when I need scissors? Well, the love seat is about six feet from Tommy's chair. I have him toss the scissors to me, but beside me. I turn away in case of a wild toss. I don't want to toss them back, but he insists. So, if you hear he is impaled, you know how it happened.

Why don't I get up and go get the scissors? It just hurts my back so much to rise from sitting.

I even had a pair of scissors that Daddy gave me that were about 14 + inches long. I may not have them anymore.

I had scissors in my craft stuff, in my baby bead stash for making necklaces, in the kitchen drawer, standing with utensils, in a table by my chair, in the bedroom, in the car. I also had some that I gave away along with other school supplies that I bought for very little. Why did I need scissors in the bedroom?--To cut those plastic tags off clothing.

"Scissors" is the other thing I was thinking about when I wrote "Kudzu and".

Okay, now the weather. It is 35F Friday morning in Birmingham. It's cold enough for the heat to come on. For about four days, it was suffocating in here. Finally, Tommy turned on the ac. I think he was feeling the stuffiness, too. I still am barefoot in the house with short, sleeveless summer gown. He has the thermostat set to 64 right now. My room is the coldest in the house. Thankfully, I like a cool bedroom.

Now, it is evening and I am looking for what to cook for dinner. I dug around in his freezer and threw out two plastic bags all wadded up. AND, there were plastic containers from somewhere, just generic things, one red top from KFC sides, no bottom. I quit digging when I found a package with a dozen frozen sausage patties. These barely have any seasoning and they are huge, maybe five or six inches across and thin. Perfect! Dinner--two sausage patties, sweet potato, Crowder peas, Delicious apple.



10 comments:

  1. 12... 1 kitchen 1 garden 3 for household 3 for crafts and 4 for sewing

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1 outside in flower garden, 1 cuticle scissor, 1 embroidery scissors in living room, 1 small cheap scissors in dining room,1 kitchen shears, 1 long scissors, 2 small scissors in kitchen.

    A total of 8 scissors. When I see a cheap pair for a dollar or two at The Dollar store I will often pick up another pair. The cheap pairs wear out, get dull, or just break after a while. My most expensive scissors are my heavy duty kitchen shears that need to be sharpened, my embroidery scssors, and the scissors that are very pointed and sharp that I now use as cuticle scissors, but in the past I used them for cut paper art called Scherrenschnitte. I came into the room the other day to find my husband using those fine papercutting scissors to open an amazon box. I almost had a Scherrenschnitte fit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susie,
    Oh, my! I am ready to kill when someone uses my two pair of sewing scissors for anything. They are for me alone. Once my brother used my sewing scissors to cut wire. I was livid and my mother was upset, too. mam bought me sewing scissors when I was about 10 since I sewed so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too have many pairs of scissors. Three pairs in my office. Several assorted pairs of small ones in the bathroom, two in the kitchen and my husband has several pairs in his office too. Oh yes, and a pair that cut fancy. Pinking shears? Not sure if that is what you call them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crystal,
      I do/did have sewing pinking sheers. I also had two or three of the pairs that cut scallops and other patterns.

      Delete
  5. I have never actually counted how many pairs of scissors I have, but, I probably have over a dozen! I have a couple of pairs for garden use (to cut flowers, etc.), I keep one in the kitchen to cut open bags, etc., one in the family room near the cat food bags, there are 2 or 3 pairs with my sewing stuff, and several fancy edged ones with my scrapbooking supplies, one with a broken handle that I should throw out but haven't, etc., etc., etc. Now, you have me wanting to actually go through and count! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless,
      When you count, come back and let me know. I am glad you seem to need scissors all over the place. So do I.

      Delete
  6. I have always tried to have a pair of scissors in every room plus my sewing scissors. But they always disappear just like lighters and flashlights...right now I can find 5.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. B and D,
      Obviously your scissors have feet. A pair in each room is reasonable. Tommy said he just carries his item to be cut to the scissors. The thought exhausts me. Thanks.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...