Saturday, November 2, 2019

Cold Here

Wife texts husband on a cold winter morning:
"Windows frozen, won't open."

Husband texts back:
Gently pour some lukewarm water over it, and then gently tap edges
with a hammer."

Wife texts back ten-minutes later:
Computer really messed up now."

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Tommy has kept the heat on 64 F. I am not cold enough to put on many clothes. His house is evenly cold...lol. I had some trouble with his bedroom being cold, but am over that. I just need flannel sheets because his sheets are cold. My cotton sheets were not cold. And, I had flannel ones!

I am living barefoot and with short sleeves or sleeveless and short night gown. Didn't I tell you I was warm-natured? Tommy keeps a blanket over him and shirt, pants, and socks on.

However, at the first sign of getting a cold, I need to bundle up.

This las week has been nothing but vertigo and feeling ill. I took Tommy's Benadryl to take care of the ear thing/vertigo. But, I was hung over the whole next day. Last night, I just refused to take one again. Today, I did not sleep half the day and generally felt more perky.

We went shopping today for food and things needed around here. I will post that list later. We had not been out of the house for three days.

Tonight, I put on my headlamp and dug around in Tommy's freezer. I found one of his ice cream cones with chocolate and nuts. He was very happy. And, he let me have a bite. When I bought lots of cheap chicken this spring, I packed some in a cooler for him to take to his freezer. So, there is that and lots of other frozen meat. I suspect we will not need meat for another six weeks. And, by then the sales on turkey breast will come around.

Tonight, I finally got dinner done by ten. He was irritable and very hungry. We had another sausage patty and sweet potato. "I thought we were having beans, too?" he was sooo disappointed. But, I gave him his ice cream cone..lol.

We did not leave the house until about 4:30, so I knew he needed to eat. I had to tell him I was hungry because he did not fall for me drinking half the little bottle of oj or one of the pb crackers. So, we had dollar burger from Hardee's. He waited in the car for me to shop. When I got back, he had finished the oj and all the pb crackers. Whew. So, I was not afraid for him to drive. If he would have fallen for the oj and pb crackers, we could have saved $4 on the two burgers. !!!

Did I tell you? I have lost 20 pounds, hopefully more by now.

It is so cold and dark and I have to go to utility room to get clothes to hang to dry. Yuck. I miss my laundry room!








4 comments:

  1. I am concerned about how ill you are/have been feeling. I hope you will feel better, soon. I don't know how you manage to do everything you do with vertigo!

    64F is cold for me! Recently, it's been 60F inside the house when I wake up, and I am cold! I bundle up in several layers, but, have to turn on the heater, to warm up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless,
      I am so much better. I have done little! I bounce off walls and the door facing. One day, I hit the door.

      Delete
  2. I would be so cold with a temp of 64 in our house. I get chilled and cold very easily, and I very much dislike having my face be cold. It makes my nose run. I dress warm when I am in the house in winter. Flannel shirt with a tee underneath (sometimes a long sleeve tee) and leggings and non slip thick socks. Our house is very drafty in winter and my recliner is near the window. Sometimes on windy nights if I have my hair in rollers, my ears get cold and I put a silky feeling head scarf on. And then there comes my husband in a pair of summer shorts and socks and no shirt on, and he thinks the thermostat is set just right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susie,
      You do dress warmly. That is how I dressed in my house. Sometimes, I would use a child's pink fuzzy scarf around my neck. I do need a few warm clothes for the house. But, I am not suffering. Tommy has clothes on even when I am half-dressed. He got cold in my house when I was fine. I was always giving him a throw or blanker.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...