Wednesday, November 6, 2019

This and That

Wednesday, today, the tomatoes were in my sight, sitting on a plate. We did get ten tomatoes for $6 at the Farmer's Market. As I passed the tomatoes, I started thinking how good tomato sandwiches are. So, that was my late breakfast or early lunch, whichever way you think about. Toasted bread, tomato, and a good amount of Miracle Whip was delicious.

I slept well after I finally slept, but that meant I awoke late, getting 8 hours of needed sleep. It throws the whole day out off kilter! However, one ankle is really swollen. That worries me, but the other ankle is okay. The plan is to stay off my feet as much as possible with the leg at least flat if not elevated.

It is warm outside, 75F at 3 pm. I had things to do today since it is supposed to rain tomorrow. I will find toothpaste if it is the last thing I do.

I had a coupon from CVS that I did not want to expire, so we ran out for a bit. I got the one item and used a coupon. Before I checked out, I went to the coupon machine and received a $2 coupon on anything. I found a giant tube of regular Crest for a giant price. My hand will hurt from using this weighty tube. I need clothes pins in order to pin washcloths and panties along a regular hanger instead of having to only hang two items at a time on hangers. This will certainly cut down on so many hangers to hang in door facings.

Unfortunately, these were cheap plastic clothespins--$1. The price was right but I do not know about the quality. Since I will be the person using them, I think they will last. I don't abuse things. I spent $15 and saved $5 with two coupons. At least I have part of the $20 bill left.

Today, I had many calls to make but never got around to it. Okay--tomorrow.

It is supposed to rain tomorrow afternoon and become pretty and very cold on Friday. Having to walk so far to the washing machine is bad enough, but rain and/or cold just adds insult to injury.

That's it, a busy day with not much done.




4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a very busy day. I hope the swelling in your ankle went down.

    When I first bought my house, the washer and dryer hook up was in the detached garage. It was not that far to the garage, a few feet, but, I hated having to go out in the cold, etc. One of the first things I wanted when I added on to the house was a small laundry area off the family room. It's the size of a large closet, but, I don't have to go outside to access the washer and dryer! On the down side, the one time a hose burst and water spewed up, it flooded my family room and bathroom, both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. seems the swelsling went down. At least it did not get worse. When my washer tub rusted out and leaked, the water ran into the opening where the drain was and into the basement. I only realized what happened when the floor in the laundry room, a real room-sized room but small was really soft. sigh But it did not run into another room, thankfuly.

      Delete
  2. When it gets cold like it is my entire body rebels and wants to hibernate. Like you I struggle with sleep issues and when I do sleep the day is weird. I've learned that no matter what time I get up to just start the day as if it was "morning" Hubby suggested this as he worked grave yard for over 30 yrs and struggle to switch to a day shift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      I may have to hibernate if I don't get some closed shoes and socks. It will be easier to find the shoes. I struggle to find socks I can stand and that fit. That is what I do, just start the day at whatever time I am up. Then, I can justify a nap later in the day.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...