Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Beautiful Weather Tuesday and Wednesday.

On Tuesday, we both went into the store where I won the $100 grocery certificate. I was looking for something in particular and told Tommy to buy it. The manager found it and we asked where it was since it appears to change locations often. She said, "over where the $1 items are." Tommy and I both went to look at the $1 items. He looked happy as he found huge tubes of Pepsodent for $1.and bought two. I had him buy two of the covered dishes with 3 partitions...$1 each.He loves a good bargain. I guess that is cheap, but I never price Pepsodent toothpaste. On the regular soap aisle, I found a very small pink Dove for $0.79. I bought it and looked at it later. The Dove was made in Germany and had Farsi writing. I suppose it was Farsi. At any rate, we are both in the running for $100. Keep your fingers crossed.

At Publix I found glass storage containers by Pyrex that had the snaplock lids. These storage pieces were bogo. So for $8, I have two nice storage containers. The ad was going off on Tuesday, so I got two round ones with the lids for about $7. There are no containers here that I consider safe to use. Now, I have four in two sizes. Or, they are at least two shapes. You cannot beat these prices for glass.

On Wednesday, I was in CVS to purchase Melatonin, the brand I like, Natrol. As usual, I checked out the $1 aisle. There and up front in bin was the same huge tube of Pepsodent reduced to $0.50. You might check this out as there were two more buggies back in front of greeting cards were there were more $1 items reduced to 1/2 price. oh, I did not find Natrol Melatonin.

The weather has been mild neither hot nor cold, in mid 60s. Going out has been pleasant. The nights are not too cold at all, in 40s. My feet are not cold but my upper body still gets too warm. A sweater is even too warm.

The doctor visit was not good news except I have no kidney disease, much less a uti. So, it is off to more doctors to find out why my swollen ankle suddenly turned into a swollen leg. But, I lost more weight! That is either good news or bad news. So, I will find out. I am more exhausted than usual.

My clothes are getting too large. Well, not all of them are too big, just enough to make me look like I am wearing someone else's clothes. Of course, shoes are too tight. I turned over the top of pants I bought. Then as I was walking, I thought they had come unrolled. So, I rolled them over once more. Then, I could not get my hands into my pockets.

The clothes from Saturday, the ones given me do not fit. Rats!

I bought Ocean Spray cranberry sauce, just one can, for $1.38. I still believe it will be cheaper. But, this stuff disappears quickly and I do not want to be store-hopping at the last minute. Still, other things are not on sale that I want.

Since I am not supposed to indulge in fiber, I am torn between buying and eating celery! But, it is not on sale anywhere that I have found.

Tonight, Tommy had the rest of the soup, and I had the rest of the spaghetti. I had no pasta like I thought I did, so toast subbed. I knew it didn't taste quite right. I had forgotten to put Parmesan cheese on it.

Now, I am going to check on online ads and make a list.

How are your T day preps and shopping coming along?

12 comments:

  1. We have the turkey. Hubby wants to try grilled turkey. Since it is just the two of us I am okay with it, if it is crap we have frozen cooked turkey we can eat instead :)I will make baked sweet potato and Double layer pumpkin pie. Canned cranberry sauce and brussels sprouts. I might need to buy the sprouts. Everything else I have

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      I would be okay with a grilled turkey if no one else was coming. That all sounds good. But, I have never heard of double layer pumpkin pie.

      Delete
  2. Our adds for thanksgiving sales are terrible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      Same here. They may be good for some people, but not me. I finally found an ad with good prices on sugar and flour. But, this store has reputation of selling things about to expire. So, I have to check the date on the flour. After I bought cranberry sauce, Tommy told me he has some here!

      Delete
  3. Do you have an Aldi grocery store in your area? Here they have celery on sale for 99 cents per bunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. chipmunk,
      Yes, I do, but getting in there is a problem for me. I will probably end up going there. Thanks.

      Delete
  4. Hubby and I are cooking for Thanksgiving day:
    Smoked Turkey (a big one!)
    Deviled Eggs
    Sugar free grain free (keto) Pecan Pie
    Sugar free grain free (keto) Chocolate cake

    He's from a big family (8 brothers and sisters, only one deceased) and dozens of nieces / nephews, dozens of greats, etc. We rent a large house that's used for meetings and weddings and all gather there for both Thanksgiving and Christmas.

    For our smaller family gathering (13 to 15 people), next Saturday, we're cooking:
    Smoked Turkey
    Smoked Ham
    No sugar added cranberry sauce
    Grain free (keto) dressing
    Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad (for the vegan granddaughter, but also keto friendly)
    Spicy cauliflower rice (riced cauliflower, it's not the grain) Vegan and keto friendly
    Deviled eggs
    Keto Pecan Pie (grain free, sugar free as above)

    Finalizing shopping list this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice,
      Wow, renting s place for family! Your menu sounds delicious. I want a chocolate pecan pie. I have never made one, just regular one. Keto dressing? It all sounds wonderful.

      Delete
  5. Renting the place is better than having 80 people over for dinner! LOL

    Keto dressing is made with a "cornbread" that has no cornmeal nor flour, since they're both from grains. It has almond flour, coconut flour, and crushed pork rinds.

    I forgot to mention we're having a church potluck this Sunday. I'm taking deviled eggs, cheesy chicken casserole (with my favorite, chicken thighs!), some of the keto dressing, and the Keto Pecan Pie. We have at least five people doing keto and one who is gluten intolerant. The ketogenic way of eating is by default gluten free, since there's no grains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice,
      I certainly agree with the renting a place. I guess I will have to go with cornmeal as I am not supposed to eat nuts or coconut.

      Cheesy chicken casserole sounds great. I have to take something to a church dinner of soup and chili. I am not taking either. So, must figure out what to take. I am not making cornbread, just something from the store.

      Delete
  6. Thanksgiving is getting so close now isn't it.
    Good luck with the preparations.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too close for comfort considering how little I have done.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...