Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Well After Midnight

Tommy let me watch Modern Family until 1 am. on Tuesday. I am sitting in bed, typing. It's not easy.

Last night, my feet were cold. Every time I moved, I had acid reflux. Then I had to get a sip of water from the bottle on the nightstand. I did not get much sleep and slept late.

I wanted to go to Cullman tomorrow, but the window where the temps are above freezing is short. So, another day will do.

My ankles are still swollen. I looked up the reasons ankles could be swollen and immediately ruled out two: too much sodium and pregnancy. That left liver, kidneys, and heart. None of those are good news.

My vertigo is still bad. I think the dust in this house and third-hand smoke is the problem. I wonder if he has had radon level checked...just think what I am breathing in.

Tonight, I fought the cpap machine at the backside of the bed, getting it out and dusting the table with wetness, trying to get some of the dust out of here. There were so many pieces to it and all hooked up to one another. It is impossible to get behind the bed, so I was lying across the bed trying to keep the nasty thing off the bed or me. I think he needs to throw it away. He said "NO." He has not used it since 2007, so I doubt it is something the doctor wants him to use. He probably got it in early 2000. He cried out last night and went right back to snoring! I am glad we sleep at totally opposite ends of the house. I went in and stood in the door to see if he was okay. He needs a new model and needs to use it.

Monday night was an easy dinner: frozen Crowder peas, mac and cheese, sliced tomatoes, and a piece of fried chicken from freezer for Tommy. I did not have any meat. I know the mac and cheese had sodium. It tasted too salty. I don't salt tomatoes or frozen peas. There are more tomatoes for a few days, two more helpings of peas and of mac and cheese. I suppose I will bake sweet potatoes for tomorrow night.

When I went to put two red blouses in the washing machine, UPS had left a package I was expecting last Friday. A blog reader and sometimes commenter had sent me some clothes of hers. A black jacket will be warm. Warm black gloves, and socks I could not get on my feet were included. Three or two pullover shirts do not fit over my behind. One, a high/low blouse fits fine. I cannot remember the rest of what was in the box.

Before, I had several red blouses and two red coats for a wash. Now, I only have a red blouse and a red tshirt. I thought he might say something about the small load, but the tshirt had not been washed. I do adjust the water level and length of cycle according to load. I was not going to put it in with white things. Or anything.

THEN, there were spices in the box. Sooo many spices. I will list them tomorrow. At one point I lay down to rest and kept smelling some spice that was way too strong and smelled stronger by the minute. When I finally sat up, I realized I was lying on two plastic bags of spice! I was heating them right up and the scent was wafting from between my shoulders to my nose. I think these spices are expensive. There are even vanilla beans. Yes, multiple kinds and several in each package. There will be a complete list tomorrow.

I think we will get our flu shots this week. I was waiting until I felt better. But, the doctor took a blood sample and said there were no white blood cells, so I did not have and infection. Publix gives a $10 gift card for getting a flu shot at their pharmacy. $20 worth of groceries, free and clear will be nice. Tommy will probably want his all in chips! It takes $7 for me to get a gallon of a2milk.

I am very hot right now! it is about 40 outside and the heat is set on 64. I have on a summer nightgown and a pair of short pajama pants I wore all day under the gown--such a fashion plate I am.

The high temp for Tuesday will be 39F, so when it is the warmest, we need to go the pharmacy and to Publix.

I want and need chocolate ice cream. But, by tomorrow the urge will not be as strong as it is now. I won't get any.

This post is all jumbled, but so am I right now.

Do you know anyone who refuses to use their cpap?



6 comments:

  1. I know several people who do. I kind of think they are over diagnosed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      I don't know about that and have never heard that opinion. But, I have never questioned the uses. That gives me something to think about.

      Delete
  2. My hubby does not use his at all. He felt it made things worse not better. He sleeps at the opposite end of the house and he will also yell out in his sleep. Your swelling could be Iatrogenic , cause by diabetes meds, calcium channel blockers, NSAIDS etc. I have a friend that has it. OR if you have varicose veins you could be venous insufficiency

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the noise Tommy makes, I could not sleep any cloer and get to sleep myself. Shot for diabetes is all i take of that list. I think it is antibiotic i am taking. I have other physical complaints that are side effects. I finally googled the med. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. Don’t worry too much about google diagnoses. They have everyone on their death beds quickly. I had a sore throat, and Dr Google said I have mesothelioma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Akasha,
      I know. Google makes me want to never take medicine again. That said, i actually diagnosed what i had one time.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...