Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Almost Finished

The last three cards went to PO today. I only need to wrap one gift to send. Of course, it will be late arriving to the recipient. So will the card overseas. I had the addresses of other bloggers so I could send cards. Some went into the dump. Some are just lost around here.

After I got Tommy a new doorknob for his birthday, he did not install it. Finally, he said it would have been better to get one with deadbolt and a doorknob and both used one key. I may have said that. Today, I have been so ill, getting the same sinus infection as last week that cleared up with antibiotics. Allergies do this to me. I awoke from a long, long nap, feeling awful. He asked anxiously if I wanted to go to the doctor. That will come after I have the blood tests done that two doctors want done.

I told him I wanted to go to Lowe's. We did as soon as I could get ready. He did not realize he was going to go in and get the lock set. He found what he wanted and paid for it, bemoaning the fact we did not bring the other to exchange. As it turns out, the deadbolt lock does not use a key on the inside. It has a twist thing to lock it.

Then, we went to get another baking pan. The one I have has a small lip, about one inch. I figured the huge turkey would flip out of that since both of us would have trouble handling the pan with a turkey in it. I also got a coffee scoop since I like to have a scoop of some sort in the flour and sugar. I had bunches of them, but they are in the dump! Even a small plastic coffee-type scoop is good to use.

I did get Tootsie Rolls to pull out fillings! I keep it in my pocket prior to eating to soften it some. And, I forgot Vicks Vaporub for my head congestion. Two jars of Vicks is in the dump.

After ruining my stick-on light switch when it fell off the brick next to the front door and landed in water, tonight I bought a 4-pack of the tap lights. One is for the front door and one for the laundry room. So far, Tommy is not kicking about lights or locks. I have simple needs, so far. And, I did not buy batteries for the lights! Yes, my batteries are in the dump!

Today, he finally changed the filter for the furnace. He had to lower himself to the floor and lie down flat to lift the heavy grate and place the new filter in the space. It hurt me to see the way he had to work. He would not let him help because the grate was too heavy and the filter too dusty. I doubt this will have a great affect on the dirty air blowing around, but it should help a bit.

Tomorrow, I may get up the pumpkins from the porch and throw them in the garbage can. I wish I knew someone with animals that would eat pumpkins. Tommy might hurt himself bending that far and falling off the porch. I think I feel to awful to try to decorate at all outdoors.

We are watching "A Charlie Brown Christmas". This is so much fun from 1965. Snoopy, Charlie Brown, and whole Peanuts crew were my son's favorite. He slept with a Snoopy dog. I just love Snoopy dressed as Santa and the little boy confronting him because he did not bring the right things for Christmas last year. So funny!

4 comments:

  1. Charlie Brown is my favorite Xmas special, on par with Emmett Otter’s Jugband Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breenlantern,
    I have never heard of Emmett Otter's Jugband Christmas. I will have to check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If the pumpkins don't have soft spots on them, you can cut them up, bake them in the oven, and eat them like other kinds of squash. Alternately, I've been know to take pumpkins that got too soft out to a spot in our back yard and leave them to disintegrate, and had plants grow there the next year, which was kind of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not able to carry or cut up pumpkins. Nor can I get them to back yard. Both good ideas I have thought about. Now, throwing them off the front porch to re-sprout is an idea I have considered. Tommy would object and the yard mower would just mow them down eventually.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...