Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Boy only wants Christmas cards for Christmas

On Channel 13 in Birmingham, I saw a piece about a young man who is pretty far on the Autism spectrum who is nonverbal and only wants Christmas cards for Christmas. So, I am sending a card. They did not ask for money, but I am putting in a one-dollar bill. It is not much, I know. They just want cards.

Maybe you could send him a card, too.

Marty Mendoza
419 West Avenue C
Belton, TX 76513

Last night, I was more ill than in a few days. I coughed for a long time and went to bathroom four times. I finally awoke around 1:30 pm this afternoon. About an hour later, Tommy asked me if I noticed the locks he put on the door. YAY! He has lived for several years without the ability to lock his front door. I now feel more secure. His commode had not worked for five years!

Won't you send a card to Marty?

8 comments:

  1. t's probably too late for him to receive one from Australia on time but I might try to send him something anyway. ITs special to receive a card in the mail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      His faher said he just loved Christmas, so a Christmas card later. Or any card. Yours is on the way.

      Delete
  2. Uh, Tommy's toilet didn't work for five years? How did he go to the bathroom?

    Will send a card to Marty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      He poured water in the bowl.

      Great about the card.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...