Thursday, December 12, 2019

One Problem Solved

I had Tommy call the guy about getting the trash as part of the deal of giving him things from my yard. He then called me. He told Tommy he did not agree to that. Tommy heard all that happened. He whined and repeatedly told Tommy he did not want to go to jail. Then, he called me and I told him I did not want to hear anymore, just do it. Then, I hung up.

Neither of us threatened him with jail. We used words like--judge, court, subpoena. I did tell him if he did not come to court after getting subpoena, he would be arrested.

About 5:30 when we were in Cullman tonight, he called me. He said he had to go buy garbage bags and he went on and on about me coming to see it now. I told him before we left Cullman, I was going to check. Finally, because I had to go out in the cold to hear him, and my back was hurting, I hung up after telling him I had to go.

We went by and all the trash was gone. Tommy pointed out he did not need garbage bags because there was one of the orange fences in the box that would hold all down with a few of the pieces of wood on top. So, it is done and I can move to the next train wreck.

On the last post a blogger pointed out I could move on to someone else and have the next one be unreliable, too. YES!

We had things to do in Cullman, today. So we went to a Christmas Party and Dinner. There were at least 30 door prizes and we did not win one. Oh, well. We had a dinner of ham, green beans, sweet potato casserole, cranberry sauce, yeast roll, pound cake and lots of unsweetened tea. We each got a turkey and box of food to make a Christmas dinner. I got one turkey in the freezer and the other wrapped in a blanket. I need to wash the large flat pan to put it on in the refrigerator so it can thaw and not bleed all over the refrigerator. The two boxes of food not cold or frozen will live in the car until tomorrow. I saw a Stovetop Stuffing and a cookie or cake mix in one box and a bunch of cans. So, I will see that soon.

After the dinner and checking my gutter by the road, we went to Publix and to another store where I made a purchase, and entered the $100 grocery giveaway that I won last year. I had nothing in PO Box. rats. I suppose since I get few bills and they don't put junk mail in the PO box, there is rarely anything there. I do get Christmas cards in Tommy's mailbox. YAY!

There was a full moon last night, so the sky should have been really full of light, but it was cloudy. The temp was about 47F, so it was pleasant.

NOW, to the shoes. I bought 2 pair of sandals this summer. Then, I posted I bought a pair of SAS. I know that seems indulgent, so I was trying to explain those were dressy sandals, not ones for support in walking around. I had save to buy the sturdy pair I just bought. That is all. I am not calling the manufacturer. I am not unhappy with any of my sandals. Remember, I tend to buy sandals when I find ones that fit and wear them for years and years. I figure I am set in sandals for quite a few years.

After the meal and Santa and two turkeys, it was a pleasant drive. We listened to Christmas music. Tomorrow, I go to get gift cards for the four grandchildren and take to the PO. My tree is so pretty after putting on all the tinsel/icicles. Tommy said I could tape the Christmas cards to the door, so it is looking more like Christmas.

I am tempted to go and get tiny light to decorate my window like another blogger, forgot who. Speak up if it was you!

6 comments:

  1. Your community has some generous opportunities for social engagement, god meals, and follow-up meals. I hope all people and families in need can access these things. Your experience makes me seek out where to find so I can be a better resource when I learn of those in need. It may not be a financial need, but a social need. Our church has both Wednesday night, and every first Thursday. There are a lot of singles and elders that come that are not food insecure, but precipitate the social aspect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      I do not have a lot, but I go mostly for the social part. I helped a woman, a nurse who was destitute to find what she needed for many things in all areas of her life. She said I had helped her more than anyone had. I learned of other resources from a job I had where we helped people of all ages find what they needed. Most of the resources were not something I thought I would need. I still do not need the resources I know about, but it still send people there. 211 is a good resource.

      Delete
  2. So happy you are able to find do much help and friendship in your close by communities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, Thank you. I did not know many of the people there at this event. Mostly, there were Hispanics. That's okay with me. I did know two people who were Hispanic.

      Delete
  3. I hope you do form some local chums; it is good for your well-being.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      That I know. It seems so many of my old friends died, moved, became senile, or just disappeared.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...