Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Taking Two Men to Court

By the way, the sandals I bought this summer were little sandals without a good base to stand. You know the kind I mean. I needed shoes for a high school reunion. They are not shoes a person wears everyday when she needs something solid to stand in and walk. So, I saved for shoes I can wear everyday, not just to church. They were worth saving to get them. I am not just buying more sandals like the ones I had. These are sooo comfortable.

I saved for something else I needed, not clothing. The guy made me pay for it before he ordered it. When I got my purchase two weeks later, I rushed out of the store to another chore. Then, I did not feel like using it. When I finally took my purchase out of the box, it was wrong, looked identical on the surface, but still wrong. When I went back today, he was mean and said he knew I would not be happy because I am always unhappy about everything when I come into the store. Funny thing, I make him laugh and he makes me laugh. He flat out refused to do anything about the purchase. He said I was there when he called in the order. I said, yes, and I was telling you the correct item number and you changed it to the man taking the order. He said he would do nothing. He said the item was too expensive for him to purchase again. So, I have a question.

Do I go back by and tell him that I will take him to small claims court and he will miss work and have to pay for court charges AND give me a refund, or should I just do it. Tommy says to just do it!

The guy who cleaned up my yard and set out three Rubbermaid things on the street was supposed to carry it off. For his cleaning up trash in the yard and carrying it off, I gave him lots of things he could take to get money at the salvage yard. He asked for the small swing frame for his grandchildren. He also got an electric grill that was practically new and a tank of propane. That was two weeks ago. He said he would get it on a Friday if the garbage men did not get it on Thursday morning, my usual garbage day. Well, we went back and garbage was still there. So, he said he would do it later. Manana (with the tilde) is his favorite word.

So, we went back today for something I had to do, and the trash is still there. I called and he said he had to work today and I have bills to pay and I cannot work and make a living and do things for you. Yes, and he forgets I told him I wanted trash off the yard and he could have a load of stuff for salvage yard. I told him if the garbage is not gone by tomorrow and I have to pay the city, I am taking him to small claims court and he will have to pay court costs and repay me for what I had to pay to get the garbage carried off.

When a person does not pay utility fees, water, sewage and that stuff, they have no more city services. Someone on here told me my taxes paid for trash removal, but I knew better and knew I could never convince that person. But, he still insists the city will get trash for me.

I also told him he would never get the chicken pen if he did not do what he said he would do. Well, the pen is his when he brings the picnic table and large swing frame to me! He now thinks it is his when he gets the trash, and he can get the chicken pen aka dog yard.

He said he cannot get the trash and work to make money. I told him he could get the trash after dark and work. Or, he can get it before work. He said he would come at 5 am and wants me to be there. AAAAAGH!!!

He would not answer my calls after I hung up because he went on and on and would not listen. I used Tommy's phone in order to get him to respond.

As someone remarked in a deleted comment that I was trying to get people to serve me. NO! Both these men did not keep up their end of the bargain. I just want them to treat me like I was a guy they respected and do what they said they would do.

Okay, I did not mean this to be a rant, but you must understand.

Today, I went to the doctor and maybe have solved some problems or at least am well on my way to finding answers.

14 comments:

  1. Didn’t you buy the shoes a few months ago, did you wear them, and what is the stores return policy? I would say pick your battles and just keep and wear them. It may cost more in court fees then the shoes. You could also maybe contact the shoe company and tell them what happened and see if they’ll let you do a trade.

    I would move on about the guy with the trash. Just pay the city or if you think they are to high then look around for a company to come out. They will be more than willing to do it. Gotta understand the guy wants to work and make money to pay his bills. And after a long day of work you’re not wanting to haul trash to the dump at dark. (The dump has set hours too!) then move heavy stuff an hour or so away (in the dark again)

    Just my thoughts, but at the end of the day if you feel you need to go back and forth to court for these two it’s up to you. Me personally it’s not worth a battle to waste time on. I would just wear the shoes and find a company to handle the trash and moving stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JJI have no idea what you think is going on with the shoes. I like the shoes I bought before and have no intentions of getting rid of them or not wearing them. I wear the black pair to church. The pair I just bought are for wearing at home, in yard, to store. Why on earth would a shoe company do a trade on worn shoes???

      This guy has told me he would do lots of things before and has left me hanging. His excuse is always the same. He is a liar and only wants me to give him things.mHe can keep two Rubbermaid containers in his truck bed all night. I really have no mercy anymore. He will pay court costs, not me. He is a Mexican who is citizen but terrified of police. He has no concept of time or doing what you say you will do.

      I do not have the money to pay what it costs. Besides, five years of his promises are not what I want to live with. He thinks I am gone from town and he is off the hook. You have no idea what I have gone through.

      And, what is it with the shoes? I am wearing them and am not at all unhappy and have no idea what you are talking about.

      Delete
    2. I am not taking shoe company to court!!! I paid him once!!!

      Delete
  2. I agree with JJ - keep the shoes and find a company to pick up the trash - life is way too short - you'll just cause yourself a lot of stress and spend a lot of money and at the end you won't be any happier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary Ellen,
      I have no idea what she is talking about with the shoes! I am not upset about shoes at all.

      Delete
  3. Take the trash guy to court but call the small claims first. My daughter just went through this but since it was not in writing and signed, she lost. Quit dealing with him completely. He is USING you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      I did not think about it not being in writing. I will see about that. Oh, I know he is using me.

      Delete
    2. Tommy heard the agreement, too. So, maybe that will help.

      Delete
  4. Linda, I think JJ thought your second paragraph was related to the shoe purchase. I thought so too, at first, and had to re-read it to understand it was someone else you wanted to take to small claims court. It's frustrating when people don't do what they say. We always just chalk it up to experience and make sure not to use/do business with that person or company again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      Because I am a single woman without anyone related to me in this town, this has been a pattern that I intend to stop at the point. Yes, I have chalked it up to experience in the past. NOW I am MAD as HEll.

      Delete
    2. the sad part is, we find someone new to try and they often end up the same way :/

      Delete
    3. one,
      And, I know you speak from the voice of experience! He is the third for this project!

      Delete
  5. Move on and quit dealing with people that use you, says the pot to the kettle;)

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...