Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Groceries and My Santa

Wednesday, I went to the opthamologist with Tommy. I am really afraid for him to drive alone. I stopped and bought way too expensive chicken to cook. It is less expensive and more healthful than McD. I think I will make both of us two chicken sandwiches with leaf lettuce or a salad with chicken on top and one sandwich the next time we have to go to Cullman. He has a new prescription for lenses that he "might" fill. sigh. Oh, I bought two more six-packs of oj.

Of course, I took along oj and pb crackers to the doctor. I would eat a third of a cracker and say I could not eat the rest. I did this for three cracker. He refused to "help me" finish the oj. He did drink the last little bit when I was in the grocery stores. We are home and he is okay.

The gloom is a bit less today. Tommy pointed out ribbons of blue in the sky. But, they are not spreading. Last night, I slept three hours, the same as last night. So, I need a nap.

Yesterday was bad. As soon as I posted the last post, I tried talking to him. He just said, "What?" over and over. We went round and round and he started cursing loud and repeatedly. He refused to eat anything. Finally, I took his dinner to him. I hurt too much to stand and cook anything. So, I opened a can of soup, something sort of healthy, chicken and rice and vegetables. He almost spilled it, picked it up, looked at it, sighed and leaned back. Finally, he struggled with the glass bowl and put it over on a table.

He looked pathetic and then he looked cocky, sort of like a drunk who is trying to pretend he is not drinking. His whole face changes. Finally, I searched and found one peppermint, Starlight mint, I guess. I asked him if he wanted it. He grabbed it and looked so grateful and even thanked me. He calmed down, and eventually ate his soup. He is horrified at what he does when his blood sugar goes too low. He apologized.

Of course, his stress is relieved and mine rises. Between stress and eating too late, I was up, sitting up in bed and on the computer, reflux keeping me company. sigh. This will end next week! I know some of you are sick of this, but keep it to yourself.

For the last ten years, I have tried to get one of the life-size cardboard Coca Cola Santas. I tried to get one from a guy that operates a gas station that my friend sold him. His wife was jealous for no reason. The Santa was delivered. She loved it and sat it in the store. The guy said he would not take it from her. I understand.

Well, my friend bought a new gas station. Since I was not in town in the fall, I forgot to ask him until too late. Finally, about a week before Christmas I approached him about getting me one. He told me he would not be there after Christmas and the next owners might want it. I asked him to mention it for me. Well, last week I went in and mentioned the Santa. Both seemed to be aware I wanted it. So, they brought it to the car and folded it up. Tommy did not like where it was and yanked it forward in the car. All the little projection for folding got caught on the car pieces when I tried to get it from the back. GRRR At the unit I asked a guy to help me get it out and carry it inside. SOOO! I have the Santa I have wanted for years. I am so happy.

I have a blow mold Santa that is about 4 feet tall that I have put indoors. It was so bright, I needed no other light in the room. I love Santas! I also love sleighs and have quite a collection.

My collection is not extensive but curated carefully, sometimes not so carefully. Do you have a favorite thing you collect that involves Christmas?



15 comments:

  1. Hello from Idaho and stop in from Mrs Murphy. I do collect snow people.
    If you have time stop in for a cup of coffee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dora,
    Snow people? interesting. Thanks for the invitation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reflux is the worst. When it wakes me up from a sound sleep, I stumble out to the kitchen, reach in the fridge and drink a couple of swigs of pickle juice. It works like a charm. You can try vinegar, it works for my husband but I just can't tolerate it.

    I like to collect Santa mugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa,
      Vinegar starts angioedema. I have heard that works.I wonder why. Thanks.

      Delete
  4. Try tubes of icing for diabetic moments. Easy to keep in your purse or in glove compartments of the car. Also you can squirt it in his mouth quick if he is having a moment and it will reach him fast

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heather,
      I have tubes of icing...in the dump. He would not be cooperative when driving. He cannot keep the car between the lines. I have to try to keep him driving. I am afraid that would not work. But, I am going to get something, maybe icing or the little wagers of sugar. I watch EMS putting tubes of their sugar in his mouth and he eagerly took it and sucked it down. He is accustomed to EMS...lol. Thanks a lot for the suggestion.

      Delete
  5. Are you Ok? Haven't heard from you in a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D,
      I got tired of people in comments saying I should not talk about Tommy.

      Delete
  6. Finally! I've been unable to leave comments at Blogger sites for a week. The office computer is working to do so. I've been a reader without comment for seven days.
    I try to collect unique Christmas ornaments each with story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      I have heard people complain, but it did not affect my ability to leave comments. Glad you are back.

      Delete
  7. PleASE POST A new post. Tommy is fine to talk abt but that santa is getting stale. What is going on there? I miss your posts and check twice a day. How are you feeling? How is Tommy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann,
      I did not get the Santa until after Christmas. I am going with Tommy today to the doctor. I will post later today.

      Delete
  8. Glad to hear from you. Tommy is lucky you are around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D,'
      You should see the comments I don't post where the author tells me I am oppressing him and I should not talk about him. Thanks, D!

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...