Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Gloomy

Today has been the most miserable, gloomy day. I could not sleep because of the heat. Since I don't want to wake Tommy, I waited until he awoke and he fixed the ac like he wanted it. I stayed up for two hours, went back to bed, could not sleep, and got up again. It is now after 4 pm, and I am still a slug. Plus, pain in my side jabs me and takes my breath away.

Somehow, I will cook dinner. I don't know what I can fix. I mean, I am not sure what I am able to do.

When the day is this gloomy and wet, it does me in. And, there are dishes to wash...ack. Add to the gloominess a lack of sleep and I am unmotivated. He highly disapproves of using light bulbs to alleviate the mood of gloom.

Dr. Phil looks like something I want to watch.

Does a gloomy, sunless, wet day affect your mood?

Do you have SAD?

8 comments:

  1. I have heard other people say a gloomy day affects their mood. It doesn't affect mine tho. Guess I like rain once in a while

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann, It is not just the rain. It is the dark greyness of it all and no sleep because of the heat. I am glad you are okay.

      Delete
  2. Today was a dark wet day. I did not have to get out in it too much so it was ok

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      That was the only positive--I did not have to get out in it.

      Delete
  3. Yes, grey, gloomy, warm and humid definitely affect my motivation. I hope the weather improves for you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa,
      I hear it will be a bit sunny tomorrow. Hopefully!

      Delete
  4. SAD is a real thing and can hurt physically as much as any ailment. I don't struggle with that, but my neck and shoulders can forecast rain and cold fronts moving through with much greater accuracy than the weatherman. I also have two plates and four screws in both my upper spine and lower spine. So the cold hurts!

    Hope you're out of the doldrums soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alice,
    Thanks for understanding. It is horrible for me. I am not allowed to open any curtains, so it is hard. I can imagine having plates and screws might make you a good weather forecaster. Right now, I am so sleepy that I don not know which end is up. I do know I cannot sleep even if I go into the bedroom and lie down. Plus, I have to put chicken in the oven. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...