Monday, January 20, 2020

Okay

I just had to get away from this blog. It has become toxic with all the negative comments about my treatment of Tommy. I actually am saving his life, mine, and possibly others' lives. When I went several days with no comments at all, I decided, and i think I am still right that no one wants to hear about what is going on. It appears since I have nothing in common with any of you, I am not worth a comment. I don't have chickens, babies, or pictures to post, so let's just read her and leave no comments. Okay.

But, I have to tell you what I did. I called his doctor and left a message with his doctor. I was wanting a call to tell him all that was going on, most of which I have never disclosed to a soul. I told the doctor about him straddling a line on the interstate, having to call for welfare check so many times, how he threw things at me, accused me of trying to convince him to drive into a deep ditch, hallucinations, accused me of trying to feed him to get him fat so he would have a heart attack and other things I will not share here. I begged him not to tell Tommy. So, today the doctor took away a pill that lowers his blood sugar. He told the doctor (he said) all the incidents except for throwing things at me.

He has a "tell." When things first start, he says, "I don't know what is going on." over and over! I was feeling not well, and was going to give him Progresso soup when he started acting funny. I took the soup to him, and he sat back in his chair and just looked at it. He did not eat, just kept saying he "did not know what was going on." He removed the soup and put it on a table, and eventually ate it. Just now, I asked him if he remembered all that. He just said he remembered being in the middle of eating soup.

He told me he gained 8 pounds in the last six months--too much junk, he says. I do eat junk, but he seems to devour it all the time.

Okay, that was a lot to write about him. That part of our life will be silent from now on.

It is so cold here! However, we still have the heat at 64F. Sometimes, I even get overheated with only the summer nightgown on. We do turn the heat up for thirty minutes or so when either of us bathe. When the wind blows, the air comes all around both doors. I bought that sticky tape with foam and he yelled at me. There is still some foam stuck to the door facing, so I have to scrape it off. First, I need to buy a scraper since I no longer have one and will not ask for one!

I cannot wait until summer when there are yard sales. Tommy has been warned that I will want him to stop at yard sales. However, I will probably have to drive since he will try to get in a good place to park. I park the best I can and do not spend five minutes pulling back and forward, fretting over where to park. I will buy tools as I find them. Old tools are better than new ones! Hopefully, I can find lawn furniture, too.

Even though it is very cold, I went to church with the sleeveless blouse and pants that are summer wear. I then wore a black sweater over it with a thing that is a rectangle with slit for front and ruffles around it and RED. So, I was plenty warm even with sandals. It was dry, so no problem getting feet wet! I did need gloves, but I ruined ones given to me. I spilled a cup of milk into my tote bag and did not realize they got wet. Now, they have big white spots. I am not sure if this is mildew or if the color has been bleached. Yes, I need to wash them and see.

I have not had scrambled eggs until this morning. I had to buy eggs, a mixer, strainer and a bowl, and remember I wanted them AND have time to cook them. I always used a blender to scramble them and strain the scrambled eggs through. I cannot stand the white strings in raw or scrambled eggs. Yes, I know it is strange. This morning, I scrambled four eggs and ate them. I was going to save half for tomorrow morning, but before I knew it, I had finished them. Next time, I will leave the ones to save in the kitchen. Better yes, I will put them in the refrigerator. I only drank milk and no bread. No, I am not worried about cholesterol because eggs do not raise cholesterol, or so I have read and believe. I will not be eating four eggs ever again. Promise!

Saturday night was the first time in a week that I slept more than two or three hours. So, for a week I lived on little sleep. Last night, I stayed up too late, and needed to be up early. Therefore, I slept five hours. And, I did not get up to use the bathroom. That is first ever for me. Getting sleep is my greatest challenge.



31 comments:

  1. I didn't make it to church this week. Weather here in NC has been really warm until today. We are finally getting winter temps and I can enjoy having a fire in the woodstove. I love scrambled eggs too. Am lucky we have hens so don't have to buy them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today is the first really cold day here. Well, maybe Sunday. I wish I still had chickens. Their eggs were so delicious.

      Delete
  2. I enjoy reading your blog so keep writing. I feel for you with Tommy and his blood sugar. My DH has problems and never realize it either. Not as bad as tommy and willing to eat if I hand him good. That helps. It is cold at my house. It will be 1 tomorrow morning. I am staying hear the wood stove.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara,
      Thanks. When T old the doctor about driving with low blood sugar, the doctor told him to pull over and get something to eat. Tommy told him he was not aware like Linda was aware when her blood sugar was dropping.

      He bucks and refuses what I give him. Maybe with time, and if we live, he will trust me and not be so paranoid.

      It is going to be 22F here tonight, too cold for me. The heat is still on 64, and I have on short, skimpy nightgown--cotton and modest enough to wear to mailbox...lol. Stay warm!

      Delete
  3. I have learned a lot from your blog about blood sugar and how it affects people. Also I have read how you have been dealing with the major issue of your house and belongings and learned a lot from that also. I find these things to be a positive influence for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann,
      Thanks. I might never share about my house again! Tommy has been diabetic for over 20 years, and I have found out more about it in the four years I have had diabetes than he has. It is more than a disease.

      Delete
  4. It is -21 here in Truro NS brrrr!!! I enjoy your blog!!!😊 stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. shellie,
      I thought our 28F was cold. Oh my, stay inside.

      Delete
  5. Hi, PP!! I think your style of writing is just dandy, and really too late to change it. Your dedicated readers are really fine with whatever you would like to say, realness makes a compelling read, and we are with you, whatever you decide to do. Hope you are well, and am thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grnnydear,
      Thanks. But, the silence leads me to think otherwise.

      Delete
  6. Hi, Linda. I check your blog every day. Sorry I do not comment. I read a lot of blogs that I don't comment on or don't comment very often. I am just lurking around the blogosphere. The temperature here in Indiana this morning was 22 degrees. Which is a little warmer than it has been.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know I don't always have time, or a good device to make a comment as I read by phone often. I often don't leave a comment if I have nothing to add, or want to reflect a bit more. I wouldn't worry about comments or not. Remember why you blog-is it for you, then just post what you'd like to share. You can always put a filter on the comments if people get rude. I post such boring things, nothing anyone has any appetite to argue with me about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam,
      I do not expect the thousand or so people who read my blog to comment every day. But, when one subject so important to me gets silence, I am annoyed. I do filter comments and delete them. Your blog is great. But, you are not trying to deal with abuse and denial. Well, maybe you keep it to yourself. I do blog for myself. but, right now, he is part of my life all the time. Thanks.

      Delete
    2. I deleted my duplicate-I thought I had commented, then second guessed myself, and commented again. No one needs to read my thoughts twice. A little friendly thought though, if you delete any comment you don't like and people don't see their comment, they might be less inclined to comment next time. That is part of the double edge sword-a person puts themselves out there, but can't expect that everyone will be of the same mind. No one, and I repeat no one, has the right to be mean and attack. Perhaps though some of the comments you delete are just a difference of opinion. That's for you to determine though, as you are, and have the right to delete as works for you.

      Delete
    3. Sam,
      It is always the same few people with the same nasty comment about how poorly I treat Tommy. I do have people who disagree on things, and that is okay as I publish their comments. I can handle disagreement anytime, but do not want to hear from trolls.

      Delete
  9. Silence is golden sometimes. Keep blogging. There have been times I haven't commented because I wasn't on my computer reading but for now on I will let you know I read your blog.

    Diabetics will get paranoid, violent and very negative when their sugar is on a roller coaster. Mother went thru a living hell with Pop over his, she knew more than him and didn't have it and he did for over 20 yrs. I think it's because they don't go back to a nutritionist and get the update diet that is a lot better for them.
    You have had a lot of hard times and you are caring enough about Tommy to try to help even though many would just go in their room and say oh well, it's his problem. GOD sees and KNOWS.

    Blessed Be

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      He thinks because he has diabetes and gone to the doctors, he knows all he needs to know. He even quit using his CPAP because he does not need it...lol...he should hear himself at night.

      Delete
  10. Tommy is lucky to have you looking after him.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan,
      I think so, too! He looks after me in other ways. But, I became afraid he was going to kill me with his driving.

      Delete
  11. I am sorry, I have not noticed any toxic comments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      That is because I do not publish those comments, like the one I just banished to the trash that said it was good I realized I am writing a toxic blog and say negative things about Tommy.

      Delete
  12. Oh dear don’t stop - I love your blog. You and Tommy are good for each other. Ignore the haters.

    I have issues commenting but I will try to do better.

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa,
      I think we work together well! Thanks. At first, I tried to defend myself. Now I just moderate comments. I love that you read. It is nice to get a comment, even a smiley face, just to know people are there.

      Delete
  13. I am so sorry that some people have been rude commenting to you about Tommy. It is no one else's business unless they are walking in your shoes. Just from what you have told us I think you are the only reason he is still alive. I would be scared if these things happened to someone I knew. Especially when you are a passenger in the car or it's directed at you. I have seen many diabetics who act similar to some of the things you describe and some have absolutely no recollection of any of the the things they said or did. Don't let people get you down. You are an amazing woman facing so much in this last year. I check for your blog everyday and was wondering if everything was okay since you usually post daily. Take care and speak about whatever you want. Some people will have opinions or not like something - I would just delete their comment or them if that is an option. This is your blog and your life. Live it the way you want!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crystal,
      I am in mortal fear for my life at times in the car. I drove us to church and back and to the doctor and back. Yes, I usually post daily, but not a comment discouraged me. I can send the comments to spam before they ever hit my blog page.

      Thanks, I work hard to keep it together for myself. Come by often.

      Delete
    2. I will check in every day. Sorry I have only commented a few times. I do like reading your blog. You have so much spirit and don't let everything defeat you. I know things have been hard with your housing situation. (I was reading your blog long before that all happened) I admire the way you keep on going. You do your best to make the best of what is going on in your life and you don't give up. When a person blogs it's giving us a glimpse into their life and I appreciate you allowing us in. I have very few friends due to the fact that I have so many health challenges and well, I'm a little picky so the few blogs I follow are like visiting with a friend. Thank you for that. Take care.

      Delete
    3. Crystal,
      I remember you comment, not often, but that is okay. I try hard to make the best of things. I could have a hundred friends if I were not picky! I do understand. Thanks for the honor.

      Delete
  14. Hi, PP!! just a few thoughts. perhaps your living partner(Tommy), is eligible for home visiting nurse visits; it often is very beneficial to people with a fluctuating condition. it helps greatly to level out the symtoms, and the person becomes much more healthy, and oriented; often they will voice their concerns/follow treatment from a third party, who knows why?? that in turn may level out your interpersonal relationship; as to driving, all of us may have to stop at some point, for what ever reason, it happens at different ages...it may happen; a friend of mine`s SO became blind, and cannot go anywhere without a driver, again, it happens; at least you are able to drive, that`s a plus. also, either one of you may be eligible for a home health aid, they can sometimes be useful, maybe? just some thoughts, hope things are sunny and peaceful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Granny,
      He has vetoed all this! I mentioned it. Now that he had the blood sugar under control, I will mention it again. I know about listening to other people rather than listening to me. He drives better, anyway. Thanks.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...