Monday, January 13, 2020

I Found a Penny!

So, take that Sluggy! It was right on the asphalt in front of the grocery store as I opened the car door on the passenger side to talk to Tommy as I drove him.

It is about 1 pm and it does not appear as if the rains predicted for today will not materialize or be very late in doing so. I am not complaining. It was so warm last night, Tommy turned on the ac and it is still on. I am not sorry to see bad weather not happen.

We had meatloaf from ground pork, very lean ground pork, last night with sweet potatoes and Brown and Serve Rolls and fruit. Tonight, I will use the rest of the ground pork For Swedish Meat balls...haven't decided vegetables yet. I need to go put chicken in the refrigerator from the freezer for tomorrow's and Wednesday's dinner.

Today, I went to Publix for bananas and cereal on sale. My cereal was NOT on sale, so I got bananas $.69/lb., two (bogo) cans of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup @ $0.72 each, two glass storage containers (bogo) $7.49. These have snaplock lids. And, sadly, I bought 6 mini ice cream sandwiches.

Remember the blankets/throws we were given at Christmas? They insisted we take more and more. One is a quilt someone made by hand. It is an ugly quilt, but I picked it out as one of my choices. It is sewn by hand. All the pieces are triangles and sewn by hand. I don't think it was meant to be given to us. I think this was a quilt top someone finished but was never backed and quilted. It is a touching gesture. The inside of the quilt is a piece of flannel. I imagine someone who had little to give did this tedious handwork. The thread are all coming loose and some pieces of fabric are loose. This will be a project for sitting in front of the tv.

This is the second quilt I have had with flannel inside. The first was given to me as a baby gift for my first child, a boy.


My ankles and everything else is still swollen after the Lasix and potassium. I wonder how long this takes to return my ankles and everything to normal.
. ???

10 comments:

  1. "Find a penny, pick it up, all day long you'll have good luck!" I pick up pennies, too! That quilt top sounds like a labor of love! I used to hand sew all my quilts, too. Mostly because that is how I learned to do them! Currently, I still have one quilt that I am in the process of hand sewing, using paper piecing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless,
      I hope i will have good luck all day. Yes, it was a labor of love. Right now, if i learned to quilt right now, i would piece them by hand. I have thought about trying paper piecing.

      Delete
  2. Lucky you finding a penny. Sluggy is the Queen of finding money. I must not be as observant as you two. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      I have consoled myself by thinking she gets out more than I do.

      Delete
  3. Canada stopped pennies several years ago, so we never find them now :( and yet! debit machines and banking still acknowledge pennies, so everyone has to round up or down to the nearest nickel. One of our thrift stores has a 'patron saint' of quilts. She is an elderly woman who makes fabric only quilts and the thrift store gives them out for free :) I hope your swelling goes down soon. That's gotta be uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. deian,
      Interesting about the pennies in Canada. That is a lot of quilts and a very good thing to do. Not only is it uncomfortable, it scares me.

      Delete
  4. Good for you finding a penny. I found one the other day in front of a missionary apartment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, take that Sluggy! Ha, you made me laugh with that line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anon,
      I felt silly. I am sure I will never beat her score.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...