Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Exhaustion on this Tuesday

I only slept three hours on Monday night. So, it is only natural I am exhausted. However from 8am until just now, 7 pm, we have gone nonstop.

We got the mail at the PO, went into my driveway, returned something to Belk's that I bought six months ago, went to one grocery store...whew. In the midst of all this, we went to the lunch at the church where there is live music with lunch. We had spaghetti, garlic buttered bread, a carrot stick and a pickle. Tommy got my pickle and carrot. We each had a piece of cake.

Some of these friends I had not seen since Thanksgiving or before. On friend's husband is back in the hospital for mental problems. Another friend is now in the group with dementia. This group is in the dining area and eats with us. It was weird to see two women I have know for years, respected and competent teachers now in the group of those with dementia.

Another friend and I were saying how we would rather have our bodies fail and not be able to walk well than to have dementia. During this hour there were many renewals of conversation that took up where they left off in November.

None of the grocery sales tempted me. My yard is still there. A large amount was put back on my Belk's account...yay. The spaghetti was delicious!

Then, we beat it back south and I scrambled eggs with sausage for Tommy, so the pancakes and syrup at the Fat Tuesday Pancake Supper would not drive his blood sugar up, then plummet. Then, at the church he refused to eat it. The preacher's wife had proclaimed NOTHING else except pancakes. So, I am sitting here waiting for his hypothermia wobbly walking and argumentativeness. Lovely!

The weather forecast was for sun north of us and clouds from Birmingham south. Well, it was so true and 59F. . The sky was the most beautiful blue with a demarcation of clouds to the South. I wore a sleeveless blouse. It was that nice.

Blueberries and strawberries were in abundance at the dinner as an afterthought. I ate lots there and brought some home. Yum!

How was your day? Your weather?

Now, I am settling down to watch the debates and my hero--Bloomberg.

4 comments:

  1. Hello! Hope you are doing OK. My day was great, but my day here is Wed 26th today. I had a small adventure. Pancakes sound good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb,
      Well, it is finally Wed here, too. Your adventure sounded like fun, especially since it was easily accessible.

      Delete
  2. I would have said the sausage and eggs were medically necessary! I find I am more out spoken the older I get. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crystal,
      People saw what we had and did not utter one word. I took that as disapproval. Yes, I am a bit more outspoken, too.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...