Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Recovery

It takes a couple of days for me to recover from a busy day. So, that is what I did most of today, watched TV and used computer. Then, I took clothes to washing machine and had Tommy get them in since wet clothes hurt my back to carry so far or at all.

Dinner is leftovers almost. The patties are freshly cooked, broccoli and sweet potatoes left over. And, a halo for dessert. Tommy is really good to eat leftovers. He never complains. He dislikes wasting food.

I bought a gallon and a half gallon of vinegar several weeks ago. Now that the half-gallon is empty, I had Tommy refill it from the gallon so I can lift without so much pain the half gallon that is now in two jugs.

Then, I had him cut the top off the gallon. Voila! A pot for a plant was born!  I did that one year with about a dozen jugs and planted tulips...remember the almost daily pictures and reports of tulip doings? Well, I had him cut the jug along a line in the jug.

The day started off dreary and cold. Happily the sun came out. It is still cold but sunny! So, my spirits are still high from the sun.

It is about 8 pm and I have to serve up the heated dinner. Later, I need to wash my hair...maybe I won't. Plus, I need to hang clothes to dry.

I remember when recovery was just a good night's sleep. It takes a bit more now. How about you and your recovery?

10 comments:

  1. Luckily, I still recover with either with a good nap or nights sleep. DH is like you, can take a couple of days for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      I hope one day to find a cure for my fibromyalgia and CFS. I have good leads.

      Delete
  2. I got up early to scrub my mom's bathroom so she wouldn't try to do it. I am hurting and exhausted this afternoon. Used to be able to clean a whole house top to bottom and not even be tired but fibromyalgia and my heart took care of that. At home I try to do a bit each day and it all adds up. But some days there is way too much to do in errands and other things. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crystal,
      I don't have a heart problem, but, I do understand doing a little at a time. Does your mother understand doing a bit at a time? Hopefully, she does. You will need a good rest when you get home. If there are errands to run, I rarely get much done in the house. Take care, also.

      Delete
    2. It took me years to learn how to do a little at a time. Sometimes I still over do it but I try not to. My mom does do a little every day but with having just had back surgery 3 weeks ago I am worried she will do too much. She sold her house to my brother and his wife for a song and they are so into themselves they rarely see that she does all the housework and laundry and cooking. It frustrates me because they are both 55 but act like teens. They charge my mom 600.00 a month to live with them!!! She has the master bedroom because it was hers before and one of the bathrooms. They use the mother in laws apt. that is attached to the house and opens up into the living room with french doors as their bedroom. That used to be the guest area I stayed in when mom and dad owned the house. I just don't want my mom to overdo it and mess up the surgery. This is her third back surgery. I have been here for all of them plus her shoulder surgery and a snapped tendon in her arm that they did surgery on. I try to help her as much as I can and she was on her own after dad passed away. Before that I would come up for his surgeries too. I will be glad to see my own little home after almost a month here. Well there I go again writing a book so I will sign off for now. Take care.

      Delete
    3. Crystal,
      Write all you want! It sounds like a bad deal for your mother, especially since they do not help her after surgery. I have a friend who did that, and the kid and husband and their children do nothing for her. Her daughter has to come and help her. Your mother is lucky to have you. I think $600.00 is way too much since she does all the work. You are a good daughter!

      One blogger told me not to write so much because blogger would get upset with her. ??? And, I only wrote about a third of what you did. I never get upset at the length of a comment. Do not worry.

      Delete
  3. I can recover after a nights sleep unless I wake up with a headache. Sometimes they will ruin a whole day for me then

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann,
      Thankfully, I rarely have a headache. If I do, it is from my sinuses and easily gotten rid of with med. However, med is just for the sinus problem and never for the pain. I am glad you can recover easily from a hard day.

      Delete
  4. It takes 3 days to recover. I have learned to do one thing in the morning and one in the afternoon with a maybe at evening and rest between (or do sitting work) Yesterday we were on the go from 5 am until 3 pm.Worn down to the bone... Wind chill was 8 this morning. But we got sun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      I thought I responded to this. ??? You had a long day, too. That wind chill is wretched. Sun is best.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...