Saturday, February 29, 2020

Hard Saturday, Lazy Catch Up Day

Saturday was hard because I was exhausted. So, I just did nothing, as little as I could. I have lost the little bag where I keep my diabetes injection. I had it in the car on Thursday and gave myself an injection. Friday, it was nowhere to be seen. I got out the next pen from the refrigerator, used it, returned it. I spent much time after we came back Friday from shopping looking for it.

Tommy searched the car in the dark with a cheap, dying flashlight. I searched again this morning to no avail. Tommy searched last night the table in the kitchen where I have things. Nothing. It is so dark in there, anything could be there. So, I suppose I will start the round again, looking and looking.

When I went outside, the weather was beautiful and  60F degrees. It was so pleasant that I came back in, grabbed a screwdriver. Several days ago, I looked in the bottom of the concrete planter, looking for a hole. There was a plugged up hole. So, by using the screwdriver, I managed to get most of the dirt out that was clogging it up. The reason I could not see the hole was that there was a layer of sand sort of stuck the very bottom of the pot.

The concrete pot weighs more than 30 pounds. I certainly thought I was getting some sort of Styrofoam! Tommy said he had trouble even tipping it and sort of letting it fall out of his Rogue which thankfully does not have a tailgate. He did not have to lift. Then, he had to lift from his walker seat and barely got it onto the porch. I suppose I will take water out to loosen the rest of the plug and then use a coffee filter to keep dirt from the hole.

I got up late and now it is late for lunch. Tonight, I won't mind eating at 7:30!

The "plate" I bought for $1 is a quiche dish. I finally got it clean enough to realize what is was and read the fact it was oven-safe.

The pink plastic bag in the yard held all the newspaper ads plus three newspaper inserts when had lots of good coupons. They must have skipped throwing them the week it rained buckets.

When I got up from the sofa, I became very dizzy and ill. After lying in bed for an hour, I got up to make dinner--rest of the roll of sausage, last of sweet potatoes baked several days ago, and slider buns for the sausage, later strawberries. Tommy said it was enough, thankfully.

Saturday was a lazy, catch-up day.

7 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful Sunday and take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is 1 pm and I am home and a nap is catching me. YAY!

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry you have been feeling unwell again, or still. Good luck finding the pen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I become exhausted and cannot get over it easily. I think the pen is a lost cause. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you were exhausted. I don't like feeling that way. And I hope you find your bag with your diabetes injection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      I hate feeling so bad. Thanks. I hope so too.

      Delete
  5. I too had a lazy-not working day on Saturday
    I think I will do it again in another four years.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...