Sunday, March 1, 2020

Sunday

I think the injection in the little bag is gone. Maybe I knocked it out of the car as I got out at the dinner on Thursday night. It was sort of dark. I give up.

Today was the first of the month birthday breakfast. I got up and beat and strained a dozen eggs. The eggs were not cooking, so I decided to turn up the heat a bit. Then, in pain I sat down in the living room. When I rushed back, the very full skillet was puffed up. The bottom was tough and browned. I raked it out and left the runny part in the middle to continue cooking.

I ate that bit and determined I would just buy something from Publix. I had slept about 15 minutes on Saturday night. yuck

As I ate, Tommy said it was too bad we did not have more strawberries. WHAT!? I can take strawberries! He said he ate a half  quart and there would not be enough. I reminded him there were two more quarts tied up so he would not get into them. I was going to make strawberry shortcake on Monday.

I quickly washed the other full quart and almost full quart. I put them on a clean dish towel. I had him wash his hands and slice off the top. There was at least a half inch of white on the strawberries. So, they fit into the little square serving dish I was going to use for scrambled eggs. Saved!

At the breakfast I was shocked. A woman in her 40s with a cognitive deficiency was in front of me. We both got a donut. A few moments later, I heard her mother yelling that the woman could not have the donut, to stop. The mother rushed over and grabbed the plate. There was much loud talking back and forth about her not eating the donut. No one knew why not.

Finally, I figured it out. She had given up sweets for Lent. ???  I have no words.

After church I bought more strawberries because I cannot find my nail polish remover and wanted to buy some. I have put about six layers on because  could not locate it.

At the breakfast I asked a long-time friend of Tommy's if she knew of a cleaning woman. Tommy did not say a word. In church I asked a man behind us who lived next door to Tommy, just a year younger. He said he did. So, I gave him my number. Tommy did not say a word. I suppose he will pay without a fight.

First day will be the kitchen. Next time--bathroom. One room at a time. Since I am not sure what the cost will be, I am not sure how quickly this will go. Whatever she charges, it will be worth the cost.

Progress....

Laughing here...Before we left the house this morning, I told Tommy to get the milk in the freezer. About an hour before we left, I put the half gallon with enough milk for me in the freezer. I knew it would not freeze enough to be even icy once we took it in the car and waited to eat.

At church I pulled out a full half gallon. He does not listen to me.

Then, after I got up about five o'clock this evening, I was looking for my purse and he insisted on going out to the car and looking for it. He brought in the half gallon of milk we had left in the car. sigh Not his fault or mine, just happened.

THEN, I got out the nail polish remover from the bag where I brought it in. THE BOTTLE WAS OPEN AND LEAKING!!!

Does it seem that things keep going wrong when you are at your lowest, lacking sleep? Tell me about it.





12 comments:

  1. you continue to lead a colorful life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally I am home from Oregon. One day short of 4 weeks. Did a lot of work to make sure it was all done up so my mom wouldn't try any heaving cleaning. Then with going through the big Portland Airport I came home exhausted and went to bed. We were going to go to Church but woke up to it snowing. We waited until it stopped and the roads cleared to do a few quick errands. My husband didn't pick up my meds so had to go to Pharmacy and a few stores for some loss leaders. Butter only 1.99 at our Smiths today. Got home and we made some lunch then sat around all afternoon and into the evening just watching TV. We were lazy lumps. Finally got up and did the dishes and figured the checkbook and wrote a list of stuff to do this week. Why do these lists always feel so long! Now I think I'll say good night and get some sleep. I do like reading about your life and am hoping you can get some help in the house. Oh how I wish I could. My husband did vacuum the day before I came home and took out the garbage but it's funny they never see the other messes. So back to the real world. Why is it so much easier to clean someone else's house and not your own. I think it's because you don't have to see it get messed up right away. At your house you turn around and it's already started to get messed up. Oh and there was a huge pile of all the mail my husband had got on the counter. He does seem to be missing a few things and can't figure out where they are. I hope he figures it out soon. Sorry to hear you lost your bag with your shot in it. That must be frustrating. Hope you can find it. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a friend who cleaned houses. Her house was a mess and she complained about having to clean it. I asked her why she hated cleaning her house yet cleaned houses. She said she could concentrate on cleaning at other people's houses. At her house there was mail to read magazines to browse before she threw them out...etc.

      I am glad at least your husband vacuumed and took out the garbage. Men don't seem to see things, I know.

      Now that you have your mother's house squared away, I know you are glad to be home even if the list is long. I am not looking for it anymore. It is gone.

      I found butter for $3.98 today and was happy. Maybe I can pick up some $1.99 butter around here.

      Delete
  3. I hate when chemicals leak! Nail polish is so harsh too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam,
      It was in a plastic bag with two cans of food and sitting on an upholstered kitchen chair. Thankfully, the leak did not go through the bag. The chair needs new upholstery on the seat, but at least it will not be bleached before I am ready to tackle that.

      Delete
  4. My daddy did all the cleaning except dust. Mother and step mother had to dust. He swept and mopped the kitchen and bathroom daily. Hubby will take the trash out if I remind him other wise it over flows.
    I don't sleep either ... it sucks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      WOW! Was he ocd or something. I wonder where I can find a man like that...lol. Tommy empties the garbage when I remind him. The problem is that he sometimes does it before I tell him. I usually plan to empty something or fill the trash up more. He knows that makes it necessary to use an extra bag. So, now he mentions it before emptying it.

      Delete
  5. I'm sorry you couldn't find your injection bag. I was thinking the lady at church couldn't have the doughnut due to diabetes, but Lent makes sense too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      it's gone! Considering she does as she pleases anyway, Lent makes no sense for all that yelling.

      Delete
  6. I am a complete scatterbrain without enough sleep. Butter is not cheap, is it? I am going to go to Aldi's tomorrow and pick some up. I will have to catch up on your previous posts to find out more about the injectible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa,
      Same here. I was surprised to find all brands of butter the same price. Usually, it is more like $5.98.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...