Sunday, February 9, 2020

Sunday Stuff but Nothing to See Here

Today was a meal at noon at Tommy's church. Yum, I love to eat out like this. It was also billed as a Valentine dinner. I heard nothing about Valentine's. Oh well. The real reason was it was the church anniversary.

Last week was a breakfast, today was lunch, and there is a dinner in two weeks. this is my kind of church.

There were so many delicious things to eat. The church provided fried chicken from Publix, rolls, and tea, water, drinks.

I am so lazy. I took two packages of Valentine candy in a bowl. There was some left, so I just dumped it on the dessert table and I suppose someone took it.  We agreed we did not need candy.

I had a fried chicken breast, a bit of broccoli salad, two grape tomatoes, strawberries,  six green beans, and a roll. Tommy ate more. For dessert I had a cherry cobbler and peach cobbler. I only got a piece of cobbler from each, about 2" square.

They provide to-go boxes. I brought home a breast for me, leg and thigh for Tommy, one roll that we halved, 5 strawberries, about a half cup of macaroni and cheese that we shared. We ate leftover cabbage I had cooked.

I loved that I did not have to cook all day.  Since the dinner was advertised as Valentine's celebration, the lunch tables were decorated and so were the church doors--large red Valentine wreaths. Half the women in the church wore red somehow. One woman had on a beautiful pink coat. Everything seemed quite festive.

We left and went straight to Sam's Club for something I wanted. When I parked, I found out I left my purse at church-far, far away. I called the people I knew would be there last and they had found my purse. Soooo, we had to fly back to get it, holding the people up. Tommy had told me he had my purse in his walker basket.

I did get what I wanted at Sam's, came home and will have to return it. sigh  After getting my purse, we went elsewhere. We went to wash my car. I bought a bug and tar remover to try and get the crud from under the spoiler. I hand cleaned under there at home, flew to carwash to make sure all the product was washed away. I still have crud under the spoiler and do not want it removing the paint and rusting.


We sat around instead of taking a nap. I am just about out of my a2milk, so went to Publix to get some and found out it is on sale--$3.50 for a half gallon. Once again, I bought six half gallons. We are not going out in the rain predicted for the next four days. I have bananas and milk. There is plenty of other stuff to eat like fruit, vegetables, and meat and canned food. There is no reason we have to leave for food.

We can be boring.

8 comments:

  1. do you freeze the milk, when you buy it on sale?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are eating from the freezer, pantry and refrigerator at my mom's house. I just had to buy a little cheese and veggies. Plenty to work with. My brother and sister in law are vegans so when I make certain things I make it so they can eat it too but I also make stuff that mom and I like. Take care. Crystal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crystal,
      How long have you been at your mother's house? How long will you stay there. Vegans could eat here easily. Just eat the vegetables and leave the meat. I usually do not have dishes with meat in with the vegetables. I am glad you are making good things for your mother. It helps to have a person cook for you that knows what you like and eats meat....lol.

      Delete
  3. Will be here from the 2nd of Feb. to the 29th of Feb. Wasn't going to stay that long but my brother and his wife don't take care of mom and I am afraid she will over due it and hurt herself because she is so independent. She sold them her house and now lives with them but still pays them rent and she also does most of the cleaning and cooking and laundry. I have been making everyone pitch in except for my mom. I do cook most of the time because I can't eat certain things they make because they like Vegan Junk food more than good natural whole foods that I cook. Mom and I eat similar diets and cook from scratch so I am making her good food to heal. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know people who got the house from the mother. Now, they junk it and she tries from a wheelchair to cook and take care of the place. I am glad you are there to take care of her.

      Delete
  4. Whenever I see 'nothing to see here" I immediately zone in as this is going to be good. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...