Thursday, February 13, 2020

That Did Not Work for Long and Shoplifter

Last night, Tommy decided to go get his second pneumonia vaccine. I was shocked because we were going to save chores until Friday.  As I was talking about today, he blurted out, "Can't I just go somewhere by myself without you." I was stunned. I could not sleep until after 7 am this morning.

When he came and woke me up as we had planned, I told him to go by himself. He did.

I got up around 11 am, still groggy from no sleep. The tv was on something I did not want to watch. He usually puts the tv on a channel where I can watch. So, I read on the computer until a soap opera came on.    GAAAH

He does not want me to change channels and mess up the two remotes. I do think I am capable, but it is not a big deal to me.

After 1 pm, I called him because I was worried about him. His car would not start. So, I had to go get him. I left with hair a mess, teeth unbrushed, short gown and sleep pants, capri type, and sandals. The black coat that has pills on it was thrown on. It was freezing outside. 50F degrees with no sun and a brisk wind is freezing...lol. Then, I never got heat from the vents, just cold air for two hours.

He was standing outside his car in the wind, all cold looking. He had the battery someone removed on his walker. I drove to Auto Zone where they said the battery had a full charge. However, they did replace the 3 yo battery. Sooo, we went to Pep Boys where we took it a few weeks ago when it would not start. Now, it will not start again!

We went back to the car where he put a key under the seat and just set the battery into the place where it goes. The tow truck will pick it up sometime...???

Since I had not eaten and wanted to get to him in a hurry, I did not eat before I left to go get him. Sooo, Burger King it was for a 2 for $6 Whoppers as soon as I picked him up and before Auto Zone.

We got home at 3 pm, just in time for his show--Jeopardy. At 4 pm I asked him why there was cold air on me. He had only put on fan when we got home after I told him I needed some heat....sigh.

I want something chocolate! Right now. I have hot chocolate which may warm me up. I only have a yellow cake mix for cookies, but nothing to put in them like chocolate chips or raisins.

So, we wait to see what is wrong with the car since fixing some sort of sensor did not work. Okay, the air blowing on me is warm now.

As I was sitting in front of Auto Zone, a guy hurried out the door. I thought he must be in a hurry to get his car fixed with the part he was carrying. Then, seemingly unrelated, an employee rushed out the door and in the same direction. Still, I just thought the guy was a go-getter or leaving for late lunch.

When Tommy came out, he asked me if I saw the shoplifter running out. NO And did I see the employee running after him. NO  The employee said the guy backed out of the parking lot and up a hill so no one could see his license.

Finally, after multiple calls, we found out someone had cancelled the tow truck. At the stroke of 7 pm, we arrived to find the tow truck unloading the Rogue. My walker is in there and other things. And, it is outside, not secured inside. I hate car problems!

Do you like your car stored inside when you take it for repair, or am I being a ninny. My walker and things to return are in there.

9 comments:

  1. I hate car problems too! Being stranded without a working vehicle is the worst. I hope they figure out what is wrong with his car quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lis,
      Thanks. He cannot get into a wrecker to even get back to Pep Boys to have them take him home.

      Delete
  2. Cars seem to be necessary evils some weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam,
      Unfortunately, that is true. This is not a walkable neighborhood or area, even if we were able to walk.

      Delete
  3. Funny I just had my car worked on.I have no problem with is being stored outside at my mechanics. He doesn't store any one's car out side if it's there over the weekend. BUT if it was in city instead of the village that it's in I would probably have a problem depending on their security and how often the cops go by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      I have never had my car stored outside unless I got there after hours, towed there. There is no security other than the door locks! This is in a city.

      Delete
  4. I don't like car troubles. Seems like it is always something that costs a lot of money. And it is never convenient especially if it strands you somewhere. I would want my car in a secure area plus locked up too. I don't trust that people wouldn't vandalize or just cause mischief and why tempt them. Take care. Crystal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crystal,
      "Why tempt them?" My thoughts, exactly! My car needs to go in the shop now, and it will cost around $1,500.

      Delete
    2. Oh no. Sorry you have to take your car in. Seems like every time we get a bit a head here something comes up with the car or house.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...