Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Funny Conversation About Salad with Fruit

We received a monster head of freshly picked lettuce and oranges among other things. I had just bought strawberries and raspberry vinaigrette dressing. I was musing over meals to make and what to eat and what to thaw and freeze.

I commented that I could make a salad of the lettuce, strawberries, oranges, and put the raspberry dressing over it. He said--oh yeah, a fruit salad would be good. Then, he said not with green stuff. I explained it again. He was incensed--don't ever put green stuff on my fruit. I laughed until tears came. I asked him had he never had fruit in a green salad. He assured me he never has and has never heard of that.  Well, i bet he has. He was still highly insulted later. I will make one salad and if he is upset, I will eat it and make his to order.

He had never had new potatoes in green beans until he met me. He likes it but not the potato skins. I just let him peel the little one-inch potatoes on his plate.

The other day I was talking about putting chicken in the potato soup that was cooked in chicken broth. He was incensed because he did not like soup with chicken in it. sigh

If I give him food, he eats it and declares it good. Sometimes, he tells me he has never had that combination. If I discuss it, he will put the kibosh on the idea. When will I ever learn?

I have done nothing today, just recovered from yesterday. I ate a banana and milk. It is now abut 7 pm. Coke and crackers were lunch along with a peanut butter, Miracle Whip, and banana sandwich. I suppose I will catch up on my fruit and vegetable consumption at dinner and later.

When I post this, I will look in the refrigerator and see what there is. Actually, there is a lot and the rotisserie chicken, so this should be easy. Maybe I will add an edit when I get it on to heat or cook.

Edit: He had plate full of sliced cucumber, zucchini, yellow squash, and tomato, all with dressing on it, and a piece of veal that was not breaded. He declared it good.

My Hosta perked right up after their night in pots. The curly parsley keeps dying in clumps, so maybe it needs a pot.

What are you having for dinner tonight or did you have for dinner tonight?

10 comments:

  1. I like that "fruit salad". No, fruit salad is different than a salad with fruit on it! Isn't it odd how something one person knows well someone else has never heard of? I like strawberries on salad.

    For lunch yesterday, I had beef liver fried in bacon grease and two fried eggs. For supper we had 'hot legs', which is essentially the same as hot wings, but we used legs because they're cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice,
      Well, we will have no "green stuff" on our fruit salad...lol. Yeah, like that.

      I am not fond of chicken livers, but my son loved them. I do like calf liver! That is a good idea to use the legs so you get more protein for the buck. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. How did he eat before you lived with him? I can see why you have had a positive impact on him, but I worry about you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam,
      He did not eat well! I sent home things but who knows how he combined them. I really did not care how he combined things, but I wonder, too. Yes, I worry about me, too!

      Delete
  3. I make tossed salad for hubs all the time and put sliced strawberries in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      Lots of people put strawberries in salads! And, the oranges I plan to put in with them. He will eat them.

      Delete
  4. I'm with Tommy. Never had fruit and greens mixed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This night (Sunday) Someone made a tuna fish casserole we ate it with relish.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...