Tuesday, May 19, 2020

One Plant at a Time and Meat

Today, when we went to Cullman, I dug up some Hosta that I planted in hard clay in my yard several years ago. It never got taller than six inches, poor thing. So, now it is here and in 3 little pots. I had bought Hosta bulbs, but these will work and I can take those back to Lowe's.

I salvaged plants so I could return the ones I bought. I like saving money by getting plants from a free place--my front yard this time. These poor Hosta had needed rescuing for a long time.

Next, I need to get my iris that have never bloomed because of the hard clay and not enough sunlight. I think I will put them into a large pot.

There are still bedding plants on the porch! I will get them planted if you give me long enough! A person from Auburn University is bringing tomato plants this next week, so I have not bought any yet. It is part of the study.  Well, I did buy one cherry tomato bedding plant from the woman with CSA.

The gerbera daisy is not looking well. Will it bloom again? Should I toss it?

The $26 chicken pack fed us for 8 days. Believe me, we had very little chicken every day except yesterday. This week all the meat is free--rotisserie chicken, veal, two chicken-meatloaf stuffed peppers. Free lunch today and another free meal gotten for dinner.

4 comments:

  1. Good for you salvaging the hostas. I only got one of the big bunch replanted, and so far, they are OK. I'm just not sure where I want more yet, and they look good in the planter for now. Do you have nay update on your property and when or if you'll be ale to get a house on it, or be able to sell so you can get your own place? I'm curious and if you are not wanting to update, tell me to mind my own business.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      Hosta are very hardy from what I have experienced. Since the little chipmunks killed all mine, I had few left. When I found a bit that survived, I put it in a planter and it survived for several years sitting on a table. No news. And, I am not holding back..lol.

      Delete
  2. The Gerber daisy should bloom all summer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      Thanks. I will keep it around. I thought it should, but the foliage looks like it is dying.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...