Tuesday, May 5, 2020

The Plan; The Mistake

It is noon. The plan--paint the picnic table or all we can. It will have to be turned upside down to paint all of it. We will have to get someone to turn it twice. Valspar porch and patio paint is what I chose. I meant to have Tommy sand it first, but I can basically do that later and repaint edges.

The guy who brought it home has two like mine. He thought I ought to stain it. He kept insisting until I told him I like my picnic table white so I could see ants/bugs on it. He laughed and did not try to persuade me.

It is almost 2 pm and we are still inside. sigh Rain is coming about 4 am. And, I still have not stirred the paint. I forgot to have it shaken when I was there.

Tommy has lost weight, and I have gained a pound each day since we put the scales together. What is wrong with me??? He now only eats a half sandwich each lunch. He has lost a little over a pound, and I have gained three!

And, here is where the plan starts falling apart. No, I did not plan alone. He was all for this.

Now, at almost 3 pm, he says we can do this painting in the morning. Well, he tells me the rain will be over. So, I can paint a soggy table? This is all up to me now. So, I will go out and plant a few things this afternoon.

THEN, when I have had a few dry days, I can paint. I am not even going to ask him or discuss it. I will just go out and paint! Things like this annoy me. And, I can do laundry today.

So, I am going to call this day good or not and go do what I can in the plants. Now, I cannot carry enough water for all the plants on the porch. It was okay when I only had three herbs. Now, not so much.

The faucet still is not replaced. I have six new faucets inside along with two replacement handles that we did not use. I thought Tommy could put the hose onto the poorly running faucet and I could get a dribble of water, better than carrying it out a quart at a time.

Well, that was not a good idea. The hose connection to the faucet was faulty. I thought he was getting it on crooked. No, a guy looked at it, tried to get it on straight and said the washer inside was gone. If it is not one thing, it is another. I just want to water plants! This hose came from my house, one of the few things, maybe the only thing I rescued from the yard. So, there is no telling where the washer is now. I dragged it at home and dragged it from the car.

I am over doing anything today since it is almost 7 pm.

Dinner--baked chicken, sliced tomatoes, steamed zucchini.

How was your day? More productive than mine?

16 comments:

  1. You can buy hose washers in a package of six or so. I thread them on a wire and twist the ends and then hang them on a nail near the garden. That way I don't have to go looking for them when I need a washer. I hate having to hunt for stuff. My day was not productive at all. Even with sunshine, it was a bad breathing day. So did stuff on computer. We gotta roll with the punches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tewshooz,
      It was almost 7 pm. when I was told the washer was gone! So, gave up. the guy next door said he would bring me one from work. I hate to have to wait until 5 pm to see if he remembers. I may just go get some from Lowe's or Dollar General. I, too, hate having to hunt for stuff. I had some of these washers at my house. The privet hedges are blooming, so it was hard for me, too.

      Delete
  2. Oh dear, if it makes you feel any better, your day was much more productive than mine. I did manage to cook not one but two dinners so I can take tomorrow off, but the clean up was awful.
    I hate decided to limit my gardening to an Aerogarden in my dining room and a few herbs on the kitchen window sill.
    Tomorrow is another chance to have good day!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jam,
      I would LOVE to have one of those gardens. I cooked tonight's dinner on previous days. So, it looks like I will have to cook tomorrow...lol.

      Delete
  3. My day as all start one way, and detour . It's now what I expect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      It seems that way most days. I suppose I keep thinking once it will go the way planned. The picnic table is made wrong or something, so I am glad I did not waste painting on it.

      Delete
  4. I had productive morning I must say so now is time for the rest,or spring cleaning,we will see.Great post and thank you for sharing!
    beautyqueen000.blogspot.rs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BQ,
      I am so glad you had a productive morning. Keep it up.

      Delete
  5. Well, I made a couple of meals anyway. I also did 3 loads laundry but saved the folding fun for later

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann,
      I always saved folding clothes for TV time. That way, I did not waste time watching TV. At least that was my thinking.

      Delete
  6. Sometimes when you are working on a project you just can't get any where.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      I still don't have the hose hooked up! This is a project that is going nowhere.

      Delete
  7. I hate having to hunt for stuff when I know it's here and Hubby just didn't put it where I told him to. AND then he goes and buys it instead of looking to where he might have put it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      Tommy is the worst. I said to "put the dish on top shelf in refrigerator; don't put it on the bottom shelf." He put it on the bottom shelf and said that was the last thing he heard me say--put it on the bottom shelf."

      Delete
  8. Baked chicken, sliced tomatoes, steamed zucchini sounds good :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan,
      Thanks, it was delicious. I went off the tracks later on that night!

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...