Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Nothing Done Today

I had somewhere to be today, just a stay-in-the-car-windows-rolled-up thing. Got it done. Then, had to go to bathroom and he said we could just go home. So, we did and he settled down. I sat for two hours waiting to go out. Nope.

At noon, I went to take a nap and got up at 5 pm. The guy is still not working on the faucet. Garden is gone, all bolted. Except for the cabbage.

The squash is on the front porch, one transplanted, one not. The one not transplanted is taking off. It is the crook neck squash. The one transplanted is just yellow summer squash.


Tommy has to turn on the faucet with pliers. We switched the sprayers on front and back hose. Now, I have an extra one to return to Lowe's. I was able to water flowers and squash without digging a hole I the pots or spraying everything in sight, including me.

I put on a sundress, thinking it was at least warmish. The wind is blowing hard and I used a hose. So, I am just damp enough to freeze now. Inside the ac is not giving up. So, it is off. The brick house will keep warming us up. Full brick keeps a house warm, good for winter.

My left ear is swelling. It started with the lobe and is going onto face and top of ear. Weird. I took Benadryl and now I am woozy. Swallowing is being affected. I suppose I will go to ER if the Benadryl does not bring down the swelling. I do have an Epi pen.

The question is--can I cook pasta and dump the steamed zucchini and jarred pasta onto it? Oh, shoot. My face is swelling!!!

edit: I suppose I am better even though ear, eustachian tube, and throat are swollen. I am woozy, feel like I will throw up. I am going to bed.
I have not eaten anything since noon--pb, MW, and banana sandwich and it is almost 8 pm. This should not be happening.

Will add to this if I get worse or better tonight. I am taking chances staying home, but I fear the hospital.

16 comments:

  1. Oh dear! I hope you are well. Do you think something bit you? Let us know how you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no evidence of a bite. Now, my lips are swelling, just about two minutes ago!

      Delete
  2. Thinking of you and sending healing wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. ER sweetie... this doesn't sound good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      I know. I am very frightened. My lips on one side are tingling like they are trying to swell.

      Delete
  4. Sounds a little like mango poisoning if you lived in south Florida. I'm not making a diagnosis. Hope you feel better soon. I agree, go to the ER.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is scary. Did you at least call the dr and see what he thinks? Please do if you haven't done it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann,
      The swelling is almost gone. I did tell Tommy where my epi pen was located.

      Delete
  6. Yikes, this doesn't sound good. I hope you went to the ER. This sounds like what happens to my daughter when she accidentally eats tree nuts. Do you have an allergy to something like that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. chipmunk,
      I have not knowingly eaten the nuts I am allergic to. I have been going over what I ate.

      Delete
  7. Oh my goodness, I hope you go to the hospital. That sounds bad. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Treaders,
      No, thankfully, no thanks to me, I made it. Thanks.

      Delete
  8. I read these in reverse so I can tell you you get better.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...