Wednesday, June 10, 2020

New Things Around Here

First of all, I am going to exercise more. Don't get excited. I walked down the driveway, two driveways to the right and then to property line on other side of Tommy's yard. All this was while using my walker. I suppose I walked 400 ft. That is probably a record for me. Using the walker made it possible. There are days I have trouble walking to the mail box. Some days holding onto the ramp is all that gets me to his car.

I have tiny squash on my squash plants. I wondered if the blossoms were being pollinated. I do have two different flowers on the front porch for their blossoms and to attract pollinators.

Plus, I have moved watering to twice a day instead of once a day. I want fat little squash and tomatoes.

Today, I had the urge for a doughnut. We went to the donut shop at a little before 7 pm. They close at 2 pm! And, YES! I was only going to buy 2 doughnuts, one for each of us.

On the way home, we decided to go to Sonic for some ice cream, something small and cheap. We sat and sat and sat. Finally, we saw a man who did not look like a server and Tommy asked him how long it would take and would drive-thru be faster. The guy was nice. He explained that there was only one cook, and the rest of them were making the ice cream and drinks. Some people were ordering $50 and $75 worth of food. The drive thru was back up because they were working on a $75 order.

Tommy told him we only wanted a hot fudge chocolate sundae. They guy said he would get them. When Tommy tried to hand him his card, the guy refused it. Afterwards, I felt glutted with sugar. THAT is why I came home and decided today was the day I took a walk every day from now on.

I have been trying to encourage Tommy to take a walk with me, but he refuses even a bit of a walk. So, I am going forward without him. I know that one day he will join me.

Walking/exercising, baby squash, and an extra watering each day is all that is new. But, it is a start. I don't want to overwhelm me...lol.

Dinner--baked chicken and carrots, salad, water, fruit.

What is new in your life?

12 comments:

  1. I should be walking again. Two years ago I was walking almost a mile every day with my husband. Now I can't hardly walk around the small block. Fibromyalgia gets me every time and exercise seems to make it worse unless you just do a little tiny bit. That and I don't tolerate heat or cold very well. Guess what, we had snow on Sunday. Big fat flakes for about 20 minutes and it was a cold day. Now here we are on Wed. and it's 85 degrees out. Nevada can't make up it's mind I guess.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crystal,
      You are doing better than I am. I can barely get to the mailbox and back up the very short driveway. It is not the fibromyalgia that keeps me from walking. It is my back. I am not crazy about the extremes of either, but the humidity gets me in the summer. WOW! Snowflakes! Nevada is confused...lol. That is amazing.

      Delete
  2. Good for you-maybe tomorrow it will be 410 feet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      Right! I will up it after one week at one distance. I had not sleep last night, so I will be doing good to get in the 400.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. One,
      Thanks. The 400 ft was so hard, but I know it will get easier.

      Delete
  4. I saw a picture on Facebook yesterday of a six-inch snowfall in Montana this week. In June.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. rhymes,
      I know it happens, but it is hard to fathom when it is 90F here.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Kim,
      I am trying not to become a Doughnut Queen! I only get one at a time because I can eat a dozen and a quart of milk at one sitting.

      Delete
  6. lettuce... fresh from the garden lettuce... every day ... if it isn't in mine its in the neighbor's who is sending it over...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      How wonderful. I miss my own fresh lettuce. But, no one around here grows lettuce or anything.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...